THR Rutabaga is recovering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 months update!

Well it's true what they say - you only come back to bonesmart when you're having problems. I've been away for, oh about 6 months or so. Everything is going great! I rarely think about my hip anymore unless I'm exercising because that's when I have to remember not to jump too much.

Anyway today I was doing my regular workout (mostly dancing) and it seemed like every leg movement I make there is a popping noise in the hip replacement! It was super annoying but not painful at all. I read some of the articles here about noises but they mostly said popping noises should only happen in the first few months as your ligaments/tendons move back into place and then it will go away. So is it normal for popping noises at 9 months? I'm wondering if I should make an appointment with the Ortho office. I guess I'm here looking for reassurance that this is normal and will go away on its own. :fingersx:
 
@Rutabaga Welcome back. Thanks for checking in.

Do you have a one year follow-up appointment with your OS? If not I would make an appointment and have that one year x-ray taken if only to ease you mind that everything is fine. I have not experienced this popping in either of my hips. It could be nothing but why not just have it checked?
 
I'm more than six years post-THR and I still get a couple of little pops from my hip when I first get out of bed every morning. That's normal for me and I don't worry about it. There's no harm in discussing it with your OS if you're concerned about it though.
 
@Jaycey thanks for your reply. I do have a 1 year follow up scheduled but it's not until April. I'm thinking I will give it a week or so and if it's still popping regularly I will make an appointment.
 
Sounds good - but as Alex said she sees this very often. I am not going anything like dancing but after I posted here I did remember that sometimes when I do something repetitive like steppers or on a long climb up a steep incline I feel that popping. Since it doesn't hurt I don't worry about it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom