Runaround Sue
senior
- Joined
- Mar 4, 2013
- Messages
- 272
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
@bottomsmhollow and zauberflöte
when we pulled the table out from the wall my hubby said something like "So, there's that enormous thing that was going to kill you, huh?" I saw that little teeny lizard I felt about 2 feet tall and 4 years old!
I guess he anticipated this after the frog incidents, yes, there was more than one!
One Sunday night I walked into the kitchen and up to the sink and something odd caught my eye. I turned my head and there was this little 1 1//2" -2" little tree frog sitting on the counter next to the sink. I thought to myself that it wasn't real but then his eyes moved. That's when I screamed and ran hysterical through the house before my brain registered that it was only a little teeny frog. Hubby followed me back to the kitchen to see what the fuss was about and when he saw the little frog he said something like "THAT'S what all the screaming is about? THAT little thing???? He is more afraid of you than you are of him!"
You should have seen him trying to catch the frog to put him back outside, by then I was all "don't hurt him!" and screaming as the frog jumped in the sink, out on the counter, alongside the cabinet, behind the kitchen waste basket! Everywhere! It was like something from the 3 stooges with hubby jumping place to place with his hands cupped trying to catch the frog and me jumping up and down screaming like a ninny! It's a good thing the neighboring houses are far apart from us here!
More tree frog stories to come so stay tuned
when we pulled the table out from the wall my hubby said something like "So, there's that enormous thing that was going to kill you, huh?" I saw that little teeny lizard I felt about 2 feet tall and 4 years old!I guess he anticipated this after the frog incidents, yes, there was more than one!
One Sunday night I walked into the kitchen and up to the sink and something odd caught my eye. I turned my head and there was this little 1 1//2" -2" little tree frog sitting on the counter next to the sink. I thought to myself that it wasn't real but then his eyes moved. That's when I screamed and ran hysterical through the house before my brain registered that it was only a little teeny frog. Hubby followed me back to the kitchen to see what the fuss was about and when he saw the little frog he said something like "THAT'S what all the screaming is about? THAT little thing???? He is more afraid of you than you are of him!"
You should have seen him trying to catch the frog to put him back outside, by then I was all "don't hurt him!" and screaming as the frog jumped in the sink, out on the counter, alongside the cabinet, behind the kitchen waste basket! Everywhere! It was like something from the 3 stooges with hubby jumping place to place with his hands cupped trying to catch the frog and me jumping up and down screaming like a ninny! It's a good thing the neighboring houses are far apart from us here!
More tree frog stories to come so stay tuned



and we just kept going to the top of the hill. I wanted to go a bit further but he said "no, that's enough" and we headed back. Once home I was helping him out with dinner when I started to feel some pain and headed for my chair. As the evening wore on the pain got much worse and by bedtime I couldn't put any weight at all on my operated leg, it was the worse I ever felt.
then laughed hysterically at my silliness. After my laughing fit was over I kept watering till the can was empty. Just as a precaution I kept tapping on the side of the can just in case there were any more little froggies in there, when it seemed safe I went in the kitchen to re-fill the can at the sink. I no sooner started the flow of water into the can before yet another tree frog came and sat at the mouth of the can and just sat there for a moment staring at me! I jumped back and yelled for hubby who came running and had to spend the next half hour trying to capture the little guy who was now loose in the kitchen, and evict him from the house. I now approach that watering can very cautiously and re-fill it only from an outside spigot. I don't know what would happen if I were alone at home with a frog loose in the kitchen, a big house cat and 2 crazy dogs! Certainly not with a new hip slowing me down 
floating on all of the praise from my PT guy and his happiness with my progress, as well as my desire to get back on track with my life, I doubled my exercises. Then Fed Ex delivered my handy dandy peddle exerciser right before dinner and I did a stint on that. After making fish, boiled fingerling potatoes and brussel sprouts for dinner I was barely able to clean up the stove and counters and hid the pots and pans in the dishwasher. I could barely walk and was in pain all evening and tossed and turned all night.
Maybe I wouldn't feel so depressed today, and it is only the 17th day post surgery. What will next week/ month feel like?