• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

THR "Runaround Sue Rocks On to the Other Side"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woop woop! all the best, didoan. And don't forget the mantra!

didoan Best wishes. Ask for meds on schedule if they don't bring them, and also ask for ice regularly. It makes such a difference. You will be amazed by the end of the bone pain.

didoan great title! Get that tablet all set up for those first drugged up loopy posts-- we're looking forward to it! two more sleeps and the end of the bone pain :)

didoan Good luck and my prayers are with you. I am looking forward to seeing how you are doing. I am hoping to have my hip replaced this year so listening to everyone's recovery stories are inspirational to me. Take it from someone who has already had a ton of surgeries "you can do this" See you on the other side.

didoan, I am SOOO proud of you for the distance you have come in terms of your confidence and emotional readiness for this surgery. You will sail through it, and be so happy when you get to the other side. Love your recovery thread title. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I will BOLO (Be on the Lookout) for your first posting!

Good luck and let us know soon as posible how you are doing. Take care and please rest, ice, and pain meds. Tashia

Here I am! I wanted to log on earlier but firstly i was in the recovery room for 6 hours because
they didnt have a room for me.
I went into surgery at 12;30 and was done and awake at 2:15. The dr. said everyhing
went smoothly.
I was in the recovery room from 2:20 to 8:25. I tried to log on as soon as tey hade me settled
in my room but the battery was dead. I am writing now on just a small charge. I didnt get to walk today
because my leg is so numb an HEAVY. My mood is great, I want to walk' I want to go home. The PA was wrong, I am wearingTED stockings and some automatic massaging thigs that squeeze my calves every few minutes. I will write more tomorrow. Ooops! I mean later today! :)

didoan congrats rest meds ice and elevate are your new friends for the next couple of weeks. Peace be with you

"Runaround Sue  Rocks On to the Other Side"
didoan, you are now officially at "hippie!! And welcome to the "other side" and the wonderful world of recovery. You sound very happy and upbeat----keep those positive vibes going. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Take care and post when you can. We care.

Congratulations, didoan!!!!! You did it! And now you are on the forward path. Life is going to be so much better from now on. We are all here for you, every step of the way!

Congrats didoan! I'm so glad you made it! I look forward to updates....we'll be updating together. Hugs to you my friend! :friends:

Congrats didoan Keep us all informed. I love hearing success stories.

MHi again. i am soory for the delay but the hospial Wi-Fi was terrible. I tried so long to logon so many times a ay and woul giveeup in frustration O if I did manage to yet logged on I was tootired to keep my eyes open to type
I came home today at about 1 PM. Hopefully they gave me enough pain medication to lat until my 11st appt. becaausee they didnt give any refills. I only had one good nurse there and they were slow to respnd with pain meds or help to the potty. I was afraid if I went to rehab it would be more of the same or worse..

i was happy with the PT , she was very good. I was so afraid of the pain that I was scard to try lifting my leg but once I did I saw that the more I i the less it hurt.. I was told not to try getting up on my own but I did anyhow when I had to pee and no onw was looking. Tis morning I walked aroun myward twice and sent 2 30 minute periods on the pedi cycle.

I have more restrictions than i was told originally and guess what? I am wearing TED stockings and haveto continue for several more days at least.
When they were rady to discharge me I found out that Medicare refusedto aauthorize payment for awalker we hadd to buy one I wasn"e eligable for aany more mobility items becaue I got a cane this year! Ridiculos! So if I had gotten a walker I guess I wouuldn""t be eligible for a wheelchair if I needed one.
My wound is longer than orignally promised. It was closed by glue and steri-strps'. It is starting to look like it is bruising.

I can see I made a mess of my post, I think it is 50% the tablet an 50% my doopy eylids.. I guess can blame the dugs too!
I did not have a pain pump in the hospital. I am prescibed OxyCONTIN 10 mg twice daily and oxyCODONE 5 mg every 4 hours.

didoan is on the "other side" in the wonderful world of recovery and is now officially a "hippie"!!!! Take it easy, sweetie, and follow that BoneSmart mantra and you'll be fine. Looking forward to future posts.

Take care, we care.

Hi didoan glad to hear u are on the other side make sure rest and get all the sleep u need. You said you had more restrictions than anticipated what did they add to the list? You said you had a walker but did they give you crutches. I certainly used my crutches as soon as I was able I found they weren't as cumbersome as a walker.

Welcome to the other side! Lots of rest now! Happy healing!

When you get better you give me a shout out about your walker, the price should be under the amt that you would née for an authorization. And there is no way that they ad time to submit a claim and get a response back. You might want to submit yourself the claim and then if you get a denial then submit appeal on medical necessity. Like I said when you get better we can talk. Now you need to rest and you need to heal. Peace be with you.

Hi didoan glad to hear u are on the other side make sure rest and get all the sleep u need. You said you had more restrictions than anticipated what did they add to the list? Yore oneu said you had a walker but did they give you crutches. I certainly used my crutches as soon as I was able I found they weren't as cumbersome as a walker.
molly the TED stockings were one, another is no reaching to the right sidewhen sitting unless I move my entire upper body. there is a print out with the restrictions somewhere but i am back in my chair comfortably and my hubby is in the shower right now. I will ge it later

The only durable medical eqipment I ever got from Medicare was the $20-$25 cane. actually it is the only THING I ever got from them. Maybe we should check out the price of cructhes. I am having such a hard time with this tablet, We have no instructions for it and I never used a lap top much.

hubby just got me the list. originallyi could cross my legs now i can't and another is do not reach down to the floor on the outside of the operated leg. At least I still don't have the 90 degree restriction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom