MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

Hello friends. Well, I had my MUA today. I also had a nerve block, and my OS drew some of the fluid to do a culture. When I woke up, I could feel pain in my thigh, but nothing too bothersome anywhere else. I had two PT sessions, which were basically sitting on the edge of my bed, standing up, and walking to the bathroom. I did well. pt measured my ROM morning and PM. It was also measured before I went into the OR. I started out at 56 degrees. First PT session: 78 degrees. 2nd PT session 104 degrees. This has been unheard of for me since my surgery 11 weeks ago. I know it may be more difficult once the block and other hospital drugs wear off, but so far so good. The only mishap was when I shifted the ice pack on my leg and it emptied all over my lap, the floor, the bed, etc. And I had to get. Complete change of bedding and hospital gown! Thanks for your well wishes.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good for you Ruby. See, it wasn't that you werent trying hard enough or resting enough or any thing you did wrong. Heres hoping this will solve the problem and you can now make progress moving forward.
 
Hurray. Be sure to laugh about the ice incident. Laughter is good medicine. I expect you will see a different route of healing this time.
 
Sounds like the MUA is going to be beneficial to you. Get some rest and be careful with those ice packs.
 
So far, so good. Those hospital ice bags with the plastic clips are a hazard for soaking. On the plus side, clean clothes and sheets! :heehee:
 
How did I miss this MUA development? Ruby, it's so good to hear that you are on the other side of it, and that it wet well.
 
Did OS tell you how much flexion they were able to get during the MUA?
Yes, and there's a picture of my leg while I was under anesthesia.

[Bonesmart.org] Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<





LTKR scheduled on July 11th, 201
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Look at that bend!! And it looks like you still have some swelling, so you should even get more bend when the swelling is gone.:wowspring:
 
Oh my, what you've been through while I was away from the forum. Sending you good healing vibes through ether! and remember to be kind to yourself. You'd wish that to your best friend, wouldn't you?
 
what an awesome bend under anaesthesia! That means you will get there again! It may not be in the next few days but you will be able to bend that knee. Kneerah!

LTKR scheduled on July 11th, 2017
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good! Onward and upward! Ok, well maybe onward to the freezer for ice and upward to elevate, but still, it's a great start!:yay:
 
Thanks all! I just got home from the hospital and it feels good to be in my own recliner with a cat on my lap and my leg up on the Lounge Doctor, with ice Whatever my surgeon did in the OR yesterday, makes my knee feel like a completely different knee! The tight bands that were holding my knee in one position seem to be gone. There is some pain and stiffness but so much less. The nerve block wore off by this afternoon so I had more pain sensation, but my ROM even after the block wore off was 104 degrees. A marked improvement from the 60 That I hobbled in with yesterday. I was so scared to do this MUA but in the end I think it was the right decision. It just feels so good to
be past this chapter in my journey! Thanks to all of you for your continued support!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom