MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

I’m going to pull out my paperwork and see what it says. I just know that I’m experiencing the same symptoms that people named in the suit are having.
 
Well hello everyone, and be been gone for a while, and I’m Sorry to say that I’m not any better. I had to return to work last month, which has been extremely difficult because of the continued pain, swelling, and fatigue. I just saw my OS who has basically thrown his hands up, and has told me to keep working and learn to live with it. If I could go back in time, I never would have had this knee replacement done. And now, my other knee, which wasn’t too far behind the first knee has been extremely painful in the past few days. I’m terrified that my OS is going to recommend aTKR on the other side. I just don’t think I could face doing this again .
 
I am so sorry to hear this. :console2:
 
So sorry to hear you're not doing well. Did your left knee ever feel stable and pain free? If not, maybe you should get a second opinion from an OS specializing in revisions and see if there's something to do for the L. I would also not use the same OS for the right.
 
Oh Ruby, I’m sorry to hear you’re still having trouble. I’ve been thinking of you recently and hoping you were doing well. Your surgery should not have left you wishing you’d never done it.

Please consider whether you really want this surgeon to do your next surgery. There are so many great surgeons in California. This surgeon is just telling you to just learn to live with your unhappy knee. That’s not a compassionate, caring stance. You could have “lived with” your bad original knee if that was what you were seeking out of life. Surely there is another option.
 
I would seek another OS. One who specializes in revisions. I agree with SusieShoes. No one should be told to just live with it until all avenues have been searched.
 
@Ruby9297 I have just finished reading your entire thread and wow, just wow. I think you are a very strong and amazing person to have continued to fight for your right throughout all you’ve been through. I have been doing the same for four and a half years now. I’m not here to tell you to how to manage your daily exercise and recovery, I think everyone has given such amazing support and advice that nothing I say can add to that. However, I would like to give you my opinion regarding what happens now.

From what I have read, you have never had adequate support from any of the medical experts managing your care. I would suggest you do go for a second opinion and hopefully you will find someone who is able to determine the cause of your pain etc but is also supportive of you. I have an amazing surgeon who I trust to make decisions regarding my care. He is very supportive, understands that there is lots of pain and swelling and has advised me not to do any formal exercise other than ADLs. He has also provided me with adequate pain relief as needed as he knows the pain is real.

I’m hoping you too will find a supportive OS, so that you too will find the cause of your pain and can continue your recovery under his/her care with the appropriate support and pain relief you require.

Working with pain is extremely difficult, but you don’t need to learn to live with it. If you find an OS who can find the issue and correct it, there is every chance you will continue your recovery with adequate pain relief and the support you deserve.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom