RTKR scheduled for Nov. 25th. Counting down the seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh!! I'm so excited for you! I'll be thinking about you and praying for a PERFECT surgery and recovery! Yay!


RTKR November 25th, 2014
 
Well, talked with the nurse at the hospital today and went over my current meds and health history and got a tentative time to be at the hospital. Looks like 6:45 and I'm his 2nd surgery. So that pretty much rocks. I was hoping for an early time. They said that could change so they'll call me Monday with the for sure time. I totally have butterflies in my stomach. Can't believe this is finally happening. How are my other surgery buddies feeling?


RTKR November 25th, 2014
 
Just think! Next week at this time it will all be over! Looking forward to reading about your recovery!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmartĀ®
 
I'm glad you get to be early in the day. Less waiting around time to get nervous.
 
I absolutely can't believe it's Sunday night already!!! Craaaaazy. It's super rainy here (Iowa) today so I haven't been out much. I got lots of cleaning done and have my list made for tomorrow. Crazy how time flies. I'm watching Groundhog Day with my knee up. It's been so achy today. Tired of the pain. I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping the last couple nights. I hope I can sleep tonight cause I doubt there'll be much sleep tomorrow night. How's everyone else feeling tonight?


RTKR November 25th, 2014
 
@Shellbell - hi there. It's almost 2am here and I have given up trying to sleep. I'm sat watching soppy Christmas films and feeling very emotional! I so wish it could be done with tomorrow! I have got Groundhog Day recorded for another time. hope you sleep well tonight
X
 
@Shellbell ,@Wilma ,@eldon Hi all, not feeling too bad but not sure there'll be much sleep tonight. Loads of little things to do today and Mr P has the worst cold which I have managed to avoid so far. Taking my inhalers everyday too as I am asthmatic and colds are extra bad news! Going out for coffee with a friend this morning too. I am sure it will hit me soon - the reality of tomorrow , I mean. I am thinking of you all. It's good to know we are not doing this on our own. Take care today all of you.
Mary x
 
Oops!!! I sent that before I was done Hows everybody doin? I'm so excited and so nervous. I've done everything I can possibly do today to be ready and now I'm just sitting here feeling like I should be doing something more. I suppose I should maybe rest a little. I haven't been sleeping much at all. I hope everyone else is doing well. I've been keeping you all in my prayers :)


RTKR November 25th, 2014
 
@Elizabeth U -- good to hear from a veteran that the surgery is anticlimactic! Mine is in 3 weeks...hope it is equally as uneventful. :)

@Shellbell - Good luck tomorrow! I'll be reading your recovery thread - hope you're up & at 'em in no time!

Also, best wishes to your surgery buddies @SuperSnapper, @eldon, @Wilma - will be interesting to read all of your recovery threads, as well!

Wishing you all a super boring surgery tomorrow!
 
@Shellbell I'm doing good. Everything is done and now I'm just watching the clock. We have a lot of shows we have been saving On Demand to watch, so we'll probably stay up later. The os/pa wanted me to drink as much as I could today so I've been working on that. I'll be leaving for the hospital at 8:50 EST for my 9:30 arrival time, even though it takes about 15 minutes to get to the hospital. Definitely don't want to be late! :heehee: We have to go past a school and with the slower school traffic drop offs/buses, ya never know!

I can definitely say that I am excited, too!
 
Sweet!!! I wish I had more to do!! Watching the clock is driving me crazy!!! I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 am (CT). We will leave around 5:45. I'll try to go to bed early but can't imagine being able to sleep at all. We've done all this waiting and then the surgery is going to just fly by. I'll be thinking about you and praying that everything goes smoothly!


RTKR November 25th, 2014
 
@Shellbell, good luck to you tomorrow! Just think….at this time tomorrow you will be on your way to recovery! Will you be having your surgery in Des Moines?? My husband grew up there, from 5th grade on. We lived in Iowa City when he was in grad school and I worked at the U of Iowa hospital!
 
@Shellbell Sending you strong, positive and healing vibes for your surgery tomorrow. Looking forward to your posts on the other side once you feel up to it! :)
 
@Lovestoread Yes, it will be in DesMoines! Gah! I wish I could sleep! Only 2 hours til it's time to wake up and get ready to go to the hospital. I don't feel nervous...just can't sleep. Oh well. I'll get plenty of rest soon


RTKR November 25th, 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom