Guest viewing is limited

RTKR November 7, LTKR Dec27

@Red's Mom
I'm glad you asked!
I've been meaning to thank you for the recommendation of Tramadol and Ibuprofen
I've been off Norco for about a week now, and I prefer my head being less cloudy.
Slow going in some areas, but I'm just trying to be patient with my healing self [emoji3]
After your warm weather adventures, I bet you can't wait for this winter to end!
Thanks for asking!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think you'll love being able to ride the bike. I've been riding a recumbent here 2 miles a day with the seat as close as I can do a revolution. Also walking on treadmill and swimming. Getting stronger. Still occasionally one of my knees decides to get fussy. I elevate and ice a couple times a day most days. It sounds like we're both making nice progress. Slow like turtles but forward non the less.

I started riding the bike in 15 minute sessions four times a day, but only got three in today. Usually do it when I need to loosen up and know I am getting stiff. Gets things moving around and helps expand the rom again. Turtle slow is how I feel across my 9 weeks so far, but overall forward progress so directionally correct.


Right TKR 27 December 2016
 
Turtle slow is good.
[Bonesmart.org] RTKR November 7,  LTKR   Dec27
 
Updating at 5 and 7 months to say I'm back to doing everything I did before, minus running.
I'm still experiencing that "suddenly tired" feeling after being on my feet for awhile, and I still elevate and ice twice a day.
I've got internal swelling that I know still affects my range of motion, and still aches and pains, but I'm heading in the right direction.
One strange thing is that my feet are REALLY sore after sitting for a bit. It still takes me awhile to "get going" and that's frustrating. Once I'm moving, I mostly feel like I'm just fine...but I can't "spring up" like I've always done.
A friend suggested an anti inflammatory adjustment to my eating, so I'm trying to avoid excess salt etc, for the first time in my life.
We'll see how that goes.
I'm encouraged to hear that I might be expecting perfection before I should. I'm not going to start worrying until it's been a year.
Fingers crossed!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I bet you're walking differently than you were and that's why your feet haven't adjusted yet. Overall, it sounds like you're doing just fine. Swelling plagues most all of us longer than we thought it would.
 
@sistersinhim
That's a good point.
The pain I have on the outside edge of both knees, according to my surgeon is because of walking crooked for over a year, then suddenly walking straight up and down so it's quite possible that my ankles and feet just need to strengthen and adjust!
Thanks [emoji15]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's funny how these knees affect our whole bodies!
 
Hi McKelly Hows it going for you? Still have the tightness blockiness that moves around. This weekend is more in the front and tighter. No pain.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom