TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

I have has calf issues on and off---I try to stretch by using a Pro-Stretch, and I try to use small heel-lifts in my shoes.

Potassium, for me, has helped a great deal.
 
Prayer request please:
I had an incident last week where I lost my balance and bowed my knee to the side. The pain has gone done quite a bit. However, PT can visually see my knee pop when I walk, you can hear me walk past or across the room, becomes uncomfortable. It's getting worse where I have had to have it taped and wrappef with ace bandage. Spoke with OS, Dr Maale, who has ordered me to go get xrays tomorrow a.m. to check for loose hardware first off. Since I live 350+ miles from his and refuse to pay $500 for urgent airfare we are gonna do what we can long distance. Of course if something shows I'll pay it to fly north. I'll be totally devastated if it should be. That's why I need everyone to pray to whomever you believe in. I'm terrified. I will update tomorrow.
 
P.S. No exercises at PT not even the recumbent bike due to knocking and instability
 
@mommabarefoot ,

Dear Lord,

"Momma" is in need of your guiding hand to be felt more than ever right now. I pray that you place her in your loving hands, and gently restore the knee back into the proper location. Lord, as you have said when two or more are in agreement, thy will shall be done. Give her peace and comfort, and let the X-rays show that everything is ok. In these things I ask in your name Lord. Amen
 
Sorry for the delay in visiting the forum. The leg has settled down somewhat. Still clicking and knocking, but overall better. I fly back to OS on December 9th so I will find out if it is anything to be concerned about. I did get xrays at local emergency room, nothing displaced or loose. I do have some major exciting news: Day 82 post-op and I was finally able to do a straight leg raise. I only gott leg off mat by about 2", but I did it. I don't have a full quad ( as the back of it was shaved off due to the infection) so this is way exciting to me. I will update again after measurements on Wednesday and again on the 9th. Thanks for everyones support
 
Great news about the leg raise. :thumb:
 
Measurements today, day 85 post op
Flexion = 120° This is amazing to me, my PT and I hope my OS. Since I was told 90-100 was all they expected.
Extension = 0° Nice n straight
Clicking and knocking issue to be discussed next Tuesday with OS.
Pain does not require constant use of pain meds. Strongest thing I've taken in 5 days is advil.
Weak quad, but working on it.
There is life after osteomelitis and I'm ecstatic to scream it.
 
Great report, wonderful you have more ROM


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@mommabarefoot,

I am so excited for you!:happydance: Wonderful job and I know that Dr. Maale will feel like dancing, although he will probably just say, "good job.":wink:
 
@RestAssured
I can never thank you enough for referring me to Dr Maale. Had I not found bonesmart and the wonderful people on here, my outcome could have been so different. I'm truly blessed
 
@mommabarefoot,

Thank you for being so kind; we have a fantastic support group that sticks around that went through various problems. Some also sailed through so they can relate to the ones who think "it is a piece of cake!":wink:

If my doctor hadn't sent me to Dr. Maale, my life would not be anywhere as good as it is now! I am very blessed! I am glad that I was able to help you. Please keep in touch, because we really do care!:friends:
 
Sorry things are postponed. Looking forward to hearing from you next week.
 
OS is happy with my healing and progress thus far. Swelling could take up to two yrs to go down, nothing to be concerned with. As long as I don't have any symptoms or injuries, I go back in 3 months. He thinks by March I should be able to kick and do a straight leg raise. He's amazed that I already have 120° of flexion, even with the swelling. I still have thigh pain, but it should go away in time. Now to start pushing the quad strengthening at PT (boy this should be fun). Not sure how long PT will continue, but for now another 6 weeks, 3x per wk. Day 98 post-op
 
Great Report, you have come a long way since your first post, so glad you found us and are now on the road to recovery.
 
119 days post-op
I can do a straight leg raise and kick a ball slightly. I haven't used my cane in probably 2 weeks, yahoo. I still go to PT 3x per week. Just booked a 5 day cruise to warmer waters, purchased my own snorkeling gear and ready to float some stress away in the Caribbean. This is
something I haven't been able to do in
over a year. I plan on taking my cane,
only to leave it behind. I still have some
discomfort and pain, but rest generally
helps. Thanks everyone for being so supportive. I hate to say it, but I'm going
to have to discuss my other knee with Dr
Maale in March. My left hip has been
having some issue, I think time will clear
it up. It has to do with a severely
abnormal gait for 13 months. My gait is
much better now. I'm learning how to
walk properly again. I'm working on
stair climbing the proper way also
(instead of sideways). I'm just excited to
be living again. Dr Maale is wonderful
and I owe him immensely for saving my
right leg. I venture out quite abit and
rest when needed. I'm super excited
about not needing my cane and being
able to travel and snorkel again. Love to
all
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom