TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

The leg/knee turns purplish upon sitting and standing. It does go back to normal when I lay back down or elwvate it. Some great news..........flexion is at 90° today, 33 days since revision, extension is <5°. I was able to make full revolutions on a recumbent bike, slowly
but for 5 mins. In 25 days I have taken it from 55°/15° to 90°/<5°. I do more for myself and around my house. There is light at the end of the tunnel. It's a long way off, but I can see it.
 
It's been a slow week with a few steps back. Flexion has decreased to 85° under my own power. 93% with PT pushing it back. The quad is in one huge knot. Started massage and a couple other things to see if it will help. I'm still pleased as pain is down to a 2-3 in the knee area itself, but a 4-7 in the lower quad. Some days good some days not so. I get my PICC line out on the 24th, 1 wk away. Yahoooo. The arm is sore and skin is very irritated. Will keep yall posted
 
FATIGUE issues :-(
Anyone have any pick me ups or insights into how long it lasts. Made a trip to store, used motorize cart, came home worn out. Today is day 41. I'm up more, but wear out quickly.
 
It is not unusual to have low energy after TKR, a revision is even more draining. In my experience I would double all the recovery times for a revision. At almost 6 months after my revision I am feeling like my energy levels are almost normal.
You are barely a month past your revision, still very early in recovery. You are going tire easily for awhile longer.
The energy drain will keep you from joining the ODIC! Sounds like you did just the right amount of activity today. I found it was easier to just go along and do what you can, this will soon be behind you.

Only a few more days until your PICC line is out.

Energy drain for TKRs
Where are you in recovery?? (TKR)
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Healing: how long does it take?
 
Revisions take longer to recover from than replacements. Energy drains will happen because your body is using so much energy trying to heal. It will improve, I promise!:console2:
 
@Pumpkln @RestAssured
Thank ya'll. Boy have I seen progress this past 2 weeks. I've gotten extension to a big fat ZERO°, lost my limp, able to put full weight on R leg and stand with a cocked hip (first time since 12/12/13). Flexion goes between 85° easily and 95° pushing it HARD. Got the PICC out, yahoooo. Pain is down to a range of 2-, mostly 2-3 (1st time since before 12-13). PT is doing Graston on knee 3x week and it's helping. I fly to Dallas for follow up in the morning with a big long list of questions. Wednesday makes 7 wks post op (amazed I survived). Thanks to everyone who's helped me to this point. Will update tomorrow with good news I hope
 
Loading issues. Can someone help me change thread name to : RTKR followed by Revision 9 months later-----I survived
 
It's changed! Glad to read of your improvements!!! Hooray!
 
Update Ladies n Gents: Dr Maale is very pleased with my progress as well as I am. All's going great. He saved my leg :-)
Still looking at 1-2 yrs for recovery, he was thinking flexion between 90-100 would be all. GUESS WHAT???? Today
I bent to 102°, 7.5 wks post op!!!!!! Go
me. I've been working really hard, but not too hard. It gets 2 rest days per week.
Today at PT was moist heat, heal slides, incline stretch, recumbent stepper, recumbent bike and major stretching
(including IT bands), now ice and elctro stim. Thanks all for your support.
 
Stuck with some irritating pain currently.Guess Im expecting too much too soon. 69 days post op, I do a ton more, Ive been shopping and drive guessing that is the increased nagging pain. Hope everyone is well
 
@RestAssured
We have slowed down at PT and added more massage. My calf muscle is all knotted up which is affecting my gait which in turn irritates the quad. Has anyone else had calf issues? Overall I'm doing much better. Quad is still very weak, can't do straight leg raises more than about 2". Knee knocks when I walk, due to quad weakness. I return to Maale12-9 for a check up. Everyone have a blessed day
 
Yes, I have had calf issues, and I get a massage every week to help with the cramping. She does a deep tissue massage, which helps get the knots out of any part of my body that has them! I had a 30 minute session last week just to concentrate on my right foot! Marci is wonderful!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom