TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

So glad you got in with Dr. M. He seems very skilled.
 
@RestAssured I have made an appt with Dr Maale for mid August. I have tried to look back on ur thread to see ur experiences with him. Plz private msg me regarding some ?'s I have. I will be traveling 300 miles to see him and want to make sureI have all my ducks lined upi
 
@kneeper @RestAssured @Josephine @pjw @Pumpkln @icep707
Just wanted to post an update. Visited with Dr. Maale today (Dr#4). He's wonderful, very caring and compassionate. Dx: Total Right Knee Failure, incorrect implant, failed implant, probable metal allergy. After examining xrays he apologized for the horrible care I have been provided for the past 8+ months. He was shocked that I had NEVER been tested for a metal allergy, shocked that 3 other Drs could not see that the implant failed, just stunned.

I will be staying in the Plano area till next Tuesday, as that's when I follow up with Dr Maale. I've got a couple days of testing, scans and blood work before I see him Tuesday. It's not in my head, I'm not crazy, it's not my back, I'm not expecting too much too quickly. All excuses other Drs have used. IT'S A FAILED TKR, multidirectional instability, etc.

I'm glad I made the trip and found a Dr who truly cares, one that has the knowledge to fix the disaster I've been living with since 12/2013. I will have all test results next week so I will update again. Thanks for letting me know about Dr Maale
 
Exactly. You're not nuts--you knew something was not right. So glad Dr. M looks like he can help you.
 
Glad you finally have some answers, but so sorry you have to deal with all of this. This Dr. sounds wonderful and very knowledgeable.....great that you found him!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I am so glad you were able to see Dr Maale and he has a plan of action so quickly! Let us know how you make out!
 
I am so glad you got in with Dr. Maale, he is the best!
Now you can begin the journey to healing.
 
I may be seeing Dr. Maale about my foot next week! Maybe we could meet!:happydance::wowspring:
 
@RestAssured sorry for the delay in responding. I left town right after my appt last Tuesday. I will be having a total revision on Sept 10. The implant has failed, multidirectional instability, infection and metal allergy. Not to leave out frayed tendon and ligaments. I knew all along something was wrong, I had way too much pain, swelling and sickness for the past 7 months (taken away the first month) I'm excited n scared at the same time. Now at least I know it will and can get better. I don't know how to ever thank you. I will be in the Plano area from 9-9 to around 9-13, most of it hospitalized n would love to meet you if ur in town. I've been slowly getting sicker n now know why. Three other drs told me it was in my head r I was impatien n there was nothing wrong. I'm so discouraged with all that they put me through. Dr Maale can fix most of it though. He's not sure about permanent damage until he opens it up. I pray for the best though. Let me know if you'll be in the Plano area
 
@mommabarefoot

I am so glad that Dr Maale was able to diagnose your problems and that he believes he can fix them. :yes!::SUNsmile:

I'm sorry, though, that you do have the problems and I'm especially sad that you have had so much trouble until now. :console2:

My best wishes for your surgery on September 10th. :flwrysmile:
 
So glad you are able to get the help you need by Dr Maale. All the best in your revision surgery. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
 
@mommabarefoot,

We will miss each other again it looks like!:cry: I will be in Dallas on the 4th of September to get out of my walking boot and into my tennis shoe! I have a half marathon to train for! :happydance: Abby and especially me, can't wait for the boot to come off! I am going to wear a brace that goes around the foot and laces up around the ankle for more support though. No sense in risking another fracture!:scare:
 
@RestAssured and all. Part of the official diagnosis is osteomyletis and infectious synovitis. The diagnosis just seems to be getting bigger by the day.
 
@mommabarefoot,

You are in the right hands for sure then! Infections are Dr. Maale's speciality! I am thrilled that he is your revisionist! Hold on; recovery and the next and final stop; the BEST of your life are on the way!:happydance::wave::cheers:
 
5 days post op Revision RTKR and living in the swollows of hell. Home with PIC line, 2 iv antibiotics daily plus 1 oral for 6 weeks. Then PIC comes out n I'm on oral for 4 months. Infection wasworse then he expected or told me. I can't bearweight as the pain is excruciating. Placed call to his office, wtg for return call. Someone please tell me this gets better, please. There are times I just wish to go to sleep n never wake.
 
I am so sorry you have so much pain. That kind of pain can take you to very dark places. Please call for better pain control, the OS or your primary. It will get better when you have better pain control and the passage of time. I had out of control pain and wanted anesthesia for my pain.
Sending prayers your way.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom