TKR Round 2

Good luck for your surgery tomorrow :prayer:that all goes well, try not to worry, make today special and enjoy it - soon we'll be chatting on the other side.
I'm day 3 and overall today is a good day, I slept 5 hours yesterday night, have managed several trips to the bathroom, I wil be honest, it's not easy but doable, we have very short memories in regards to whatever pain, stiffness is like but baby steps and each day a little improvement
Sending big hugs my new dear friend xx

@Rubyroo Good luck tomorrow! My 2nd was SO much easier than the first! My expectations for a quick recovery were much lower. I pushed much less, spent more time icing and elevating, and letting my body heal. I only did PT to discomfort or boredom whichever came first...

Thanks for the well wishes & prayers for my surgery tomorrow! I appreciate it more than I can express! Just got a call to let me know to be at the hospital at 7 am tomorrow & surgery is scheduled for 9:30 am. I had lunch today with my best friend, Ann who had bilateral knee surgery several years back (before my 1st TKR in 2019) & it was comforting because she gets it!!! I wrote my hubby a TIA (thank you in advance) note that I’m going to give him to let him know how much I appreciate his love, care & support that he is going to be giving me AGAIN during round 2 of this TKR journey. It is a lot on the caregivers as well. Pray me up peeps! I’ll catch you on the other side :beg:

Best wishes!

@Rubyroo - I'm so rooting for my new bone buddy, you are having surgery almost at the same time I did- are you going home or a night in hospital?
I'm now settled back at home having completed the long walk along the hospital corridor and one huge flight of stairs going up & back down, with my elbow crutches, admittedly it was hard but to be released it was necessary. However on the plus side with this knee I was only in hospital for 2 nights my left knee took 3 nights so in that alone a huge improvement on the two. I'm now tucked up in bed with my daschund Mali glued to my side, she is so happy yo see me - bless.
Stay positive you can do this too xxx

YOU CAN !!!:yes!:

Sending you good thoughts for your surgery.

By the way I took far too much stuff to the hospital in the end I just wore a tracksuit bottoms with side leg poppers ( those were Brilliant as made getting leg in after so easy) & a sweat shirt. In Hospital first night was in their sexy blue paper gown and after my shower I wore a short knee length nightdress plus my undies, a pair of enclosed slippers, everything else never left the bag....can you believe silly me took lipstick and mascara in my bag .haha so vain but it stayed there.
Fortunately in the room masks were not worn only if we left the room were we obligated to wear them, all the staff were wearing them all the time xx
Good luck, let me know how you get on xxx

@Rubyroo How did your surgery go today, I'm :prayer: that all went well, let's us know how you are doing as soon as you are able. Looking forward to having you on the recovery team xxx

@Rubyroo I hope things are going well for you!

Here is where you can start your Recovery Thread when you’re ready:

@Rubyroo - your bone buddies are missing you :wave:I do so hope all is OK with your recovery xxx

The nurse who paid me a presurgery home visit suggested Depends (my bladder is a bit irritated always) and they really helped for the first 4 nights when it was touch and go if I could get there in time.. recommended!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562