Guest viewing is limited

TKR Round 2

@BBCG I am a firm believer in CBD oil. I started using it out of desperation following my TKR two years ago. I was in pain that oxy/tramadol couldn’t reach and couldn’t sleep at all I started CBD oil at 4 weeks. With the first dose of about 30 mg I slept the entire night thru and have been using it since then for my arthritis. The pre-op physician said I needed to stop it one week prior to my RTKR which I have done (I think they are just being careful) but will resume following surgery and am looking for a CBD cream to use on my knee area after I am healed. I noticed my OS office now has a CBD display.
 
How interesting that your OS office has it in display…when I mentioned it to mine, he glanced behind himself, assuring the door was closed! Clearly, his patients are using it, and I was not asked to stop using it except the 3 days prior to surgery for the anti-bacterial cleaning protocol.
 
….an Herbal /CBD tincture taken under the tongue whenever I felt my knee getting achey.

I’m in a state where medicinal use of CBD is permitted/regulated…

@BBCG I am also in a state where medicinal CBD is permitted and regulated and I have a medical marijuana card (making some products available that are not for the general public). Can you provide some details of the CBD tincture? What strength worked for you? Was the active ingredient 100% CBD or were there other active ingredients like CBN (or the rest of the alphabet soup, I don’t even know). There is a lot of hype in the industry so it would be really helpful to have a baseline of what to look for.
The tincture I used is from the local group making it with organically grown plants, and it’s got a couple of added herbs too. The company is Entangled Biome and this link is to the higher potency, full-spectrum oil. (https://entangledbiome.com/shop-cbd-health-wellness-products/tinctures/wellness-tincture-fsho/) I used that early on, but as I got less achey, I transitioned to the less expensive oil (you’ll see it on their website in a green-labeled bottle). The potency of each is listed there, and the full spectrum one was the most effective at pain relief. They also have the salve which I continue to use at bedtime, slathered on my new knee!
 
Although this will be my second TKR- I am counting down the days until my surgery on December 10th. I literally went into my phone‘s calendar for every single day & made a note of how many days till my surgery for each & every day. What is wrong with me?? Obsess much?

I’m reading a lot on BoneSmart & I just received the book today that was recommended by a BoneSmartie called: The Total Knee Replacement & Rehabilitation. Although the book is 17 years old- there is supposed to be some good info in there. It’s not like there is any selection of books on this topic.

Visited my 3 month old Granddaughter today & tried to get all of her sugar .
Spending time with her makes me want to get this surgery over with & to recover ASAP. But as we know recovery does not happen overnight.

I have a fun trip with a friend planned for next week for a couple nights out of town- so a change of scenery and good girlfriend time will get my mind off things.

PT prehab called and I made an appointment with them prior to my surgery as Dr. suggested & also scheduled first 2 PT appointments for after my surgery.

Thinking of all of you pre-op & post-ops & hoping it is a kneerific day for you all. Thankful for this supportive forum. :SUNsmile:
 
@Rubyroo - That trip with your friend will do you the world of good and take your mind of your forthcoming surgery, its hard not to think about it, as for both of us it's now less than a month and the days are going rather quickly.
As my knee last week was not hurting at all I was beginning to wonder if I was making the right decision, so stupidly tried to prove a point to myself and totally over did things so much so I've totally upset my 2 Yr old knee and can now barely walk on either, tomorrow me thinks a day of rest, at least I know I've made the right decision :snork: like you, even with knowing, its not going to be a piece of cake, I'm still looking forward to putting it all behind me.
Enjoy your fun filled girlie time vacation next week xx
 
@Jamie I have made an appointment to get the COVID booster shot on 11-21-21 at CVS. My LTKR is on December 10th- so this is 19 days from the date of getting the COVID booster- is this ok? Would they cancel my surgery for any reason if I got the booster in this timeframe?
 
@Rubyroo You are correct - getting that booster won't be a problem at all. Better for you that you are fully vaccinated.
 
Thanks Jaycey. I am fully vaccinated but just found out last night everyone can now get the booster so I wanted to get it done ASAP & as far ahead of surgery as possible. You know how it is as your surgery date gets closer & closer- you’re thinking please don’t let anything mess this up moving forward.
 
@Rubyroo - how bizarre- you have literally just answered a question I too was wondering about, yesterday I was informed that my Johnson vaccine was now not sufficient, so they are have asked that I go in next week to receive the Pfizer, I too was concerned as this is so close to my surgery.
I will most likely double check with my surgeon on Monday to be on the safe side xx
 
Glad you found the answer to your questions quickly. Be safe!!
 
Well done :yes!: Hopefully no side effects, at least its out of the way and one less thing to worry about.
My girlfriend is a nurse with our local health so she is hopefully going to pull a few strings and get me done this week, although from what I've heard the waiting time is a 2 hour long queue, we have to wear masks, which make me terribly claustrophobic so I'm hoping surgeon says not too :heehee: as I'm a Big

:chuck: haha x
 
I was a bit achy and feeling lethargic after my second Pfizer. But by day 3 all was normal. Glad you are feeling better! Still good to go in the 10th!
 
Doc gave me the ok to get the booster, but so far haven't been called, would prefer this week as next a tad too close. I booked in at hospital to do Covid test on Sunday the 5th not looking forward to that :flabber: yikes op is 2 weeks today.
Hope you are feeling better today xx
 
16 days out from surgery! I can barely think of much else. Obsess much? Well yes, in fact I do. I know knowledge is power & this is round 2 and all that but man this is a tough journey. I mean it’s not like I’m 16 days out from a cruise. I am tough & I’ll make it & I have a supportive hubby. EVENTUALLY being able to walk comfortably and without pain is what drives me. Reading on BoneSmart about all the folks that are hiking, walking & being active is my inspiration.
 
"Obsessed" ME- Noooo I can't think of anything else at the moment the days are going too fast:shocked:today at 12 noon I get my Pfizer booster vaccine, my first was the supposedly "one dose only" Johnston, not relishing the thought of having to get there 1 hour earlier to stand outside the premises in the rain, but have been forewarned, that if I don't I will spend 2 hours in the queue. I'm taking my crutches as I am basically joining the 75 year olds, whom may be a tad non too happy that I am there, fully armed with surgery documents to prove I'm legit.
My only consolation is that the elderly seem to be handling the 5th wave better, it could be worse, J could be in a queue with the 18 to 28 year old that appear to be the carriers at the moment.
Wishing you a worry free day xx
 
After doing my 2nd knee 5 months after the first, the level of impatience to just move on is overwhelming some days. Three days before surgery, I was going to cancel because I just hit the pain free mark at 4.5 months and was so happy. Why was I doing this again? It needed to be done and I decided to give myself till next spring to really be moved on and to not expect miracles in the interim. If I'm totally or off pain and able to run by then, that would be wonderful!
I am tired of pain meds but they are a must. I am on my feet a lot for work and working be able to name it thru the day without them but I wonder about their depressive effects. I'm usually happy and optimistic but there are days that are a struggle. I think the pain just wears you down. If I take a pill and am pain free, it's better for everyone,and the stress of the pain is not prohibiting my healing but I'm really lying forward top not taking them anymore. I do use some CBD products. Mostly on the beginning for the nausea I had this time and didn't have with last knee. Gummies have helped with sleep and when the pain pills just aren't enough. Last time my Dr prescribed Dayvgo for sleep issues that started about 6 weeks and I am at 7 going thru the same thing and it's 3:45 in the morning right now so I guess I may have to ask for another short round to get past this!!
All said, recovery was quicker this time, ROM much better even right out of surgery compared to my my first knee currently. Holder PT aid I didn't need OP PT because I had already exceeded the goals but the pain remains and I'm not one to sit around and rest and my impatience with recovery is my biggest enemy!

Happy Thanksgiving!
 
When I had my RTKR in December 2019 & I was in the hospital for one night- I was getting assistance getting up to go to the bathroom and when I stood up from the bed- I peed right there on the floor unknowingly. I had no control whatsoever. It was embarrassing. Also after I got home the next day for maybe a couple weeks- I had to get assistance to get to the bathroom and we had to set the alarm to wake us up to get me to the bathroom every 3 hours! Did anyone else experience any of these issues? We are so dependent on others for quite awhile and that is so challenging & humbling.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom