Guest viewing is limited

THR Rough Hospital Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a big girl and took my TED off for good, everything is free flowing! I have been using it as my security blanket. I drove to work to sign some stuff, and got some sympathy from the work folks, of course in addition to you all.
 
@CodeGirl I saw that posted elsewhere and thought about it. We do have Prime so could have it here in two days. Thanks!

@LoyalD good job! It must have been your left hip for you to be driving. I'll bet it felt great to be out and about, seeing people going about their day to day lives. I'm getting cabin fever!

What are you or anyone doing about toenails? Can you get a pedicure do you think? Now at 3 weeks, I'm feeling these things need a good cutting!
 
@Beachmusic, I had a mani/pedi five days ago, so on Day 18. I have gone to that nail salon for years so they were so careful with me. Felt great, no issues.

What city in Miss are you in? We own a bunch of properties in Gulfport and our family has lived there since responding to Katrina with emergency services.
 
@LoyalD I do my own, so will have to find a place, which I'm not too keen on! I'm even less keen on entrusting the clippers to DH! :).

We aren't in Miss, tho DH grew up in Columbia. @beachgal has a beach house in MS, but I'm not sure where she's from. I did speak of Gulfport, but my Gulfport is in FL where we live 6 mos of the year, and the rest of the year we are in San Antonio. We didn't plan that very well did we?? LOL. No planning involved...my husbands company transferred us here from FL and he's now retired so we are free to fly! I'm a little familiar with your neck of the woods as I moved to Long Beach after college, and learned to surf at the Huntington Beach pier. :). We are talking 60's here! Woohoo...and I was sort of a hippie for real in those days. :snork:

How is your leg doing without the TED hose? Any noticeable swelling or anything?
 
Okay, I am so tired of being in pain. I am at a constant 3-4, with no break. When is the next big pain decrease!!!
 
@LoyalD I didn't have that pain, because I just took the oxycodone/tramadol every 4 hours on the clock for four weeks. I do hope you feel better soon!
 
@MajorHeidi, I will refill my pain meds then or at least ask, maybe I am too active. Up early this morning to take my youngest to the airport, husband driving. He plays ice hockey and goes to college in Hampton Roads, VA. Near you?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's horrible to be in constant pain ...it really is exhausting. I hope it decreases soon for you.
I had my surgery exactly 1 week ago and basically have no pain, just a bit of stiffness and i take no pain medication except for a few tylenol a day. It's so strange the different pain levels that people have...is it related to the type if surgery?
Tale care and hoping you'll be pain free very soon!!
 
@LoyalD Nice that you got to go to take your son to the airport.
Hampton Roads is about 5 hours from me, but I know it well. :SUNsmile:
 
Did we just have an earthquake? Ugh, I get little sleep already but with this minor shaker, the DH husband suggested I go downstairs in case a bigger one hits....so sweet.
 
I put the TED back on, is that okay? I immediately felt better. My thigh, calf, ankles and foot were a bundle of nerves.
 
Have you heard? Was it an earthquake? We had HUGE thunderstorms in the middle of the night with lightning so bright you could have read the fine print on those medicine bottles! Simultaneous lightning and thunder, then the sirens on our iPhones both went off warning of flash flooding. It was an active night last night! In my head I was plotting how I'd get out of the house if it got hit. Couldn't use the flat and easy garage exit as the power would be out with the garage door down. Exiting via the front door meant stairs from porch to ground..and then we'd be out in the middle of all the weather. LOL aren't imaginations a pain in the (behind) sometimes, especially in the middle of the night?

I was wondering how you were doing without the TED @LoyalD. They are such a pain, aren't they? Even my PT admit mine are a struggle to get on when he helped us yesterday. Still I'd rather the struggle than risk something far worse than that! Does your doctor have a nurse you can call for guidance?

I'm about to embark on a biiiig outting to Costco. WooHoo!! I hope the snacks are plentiful and good. ;)
 
Alrighty LoyalD and Beachmusic, you guys have me worried. I never had a TED, just a few anti blood clotting pills that were gone days ago and you two are still swelling and concerned of blood clots? Am I at risk? I am maybe just a little swollen on rt. foot at end of day, and PT just told me to walk as far as I want or until it hurts.
 
Thankfully, I put the TED on and was able to run out to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. It was critical that I go, as I need flats for when I return to the office. With that 1.5 hour excursion, I am home and beat.
 
@LoyalD, I guess "anything for a sale", right?? Man, wish I lived near a Nordstrom's...or maybe glad I don't. Unfortunately, they deliver asap when I order online. Love that store!!
 
@waterman1 , I was on Coumadin 8 mg for two solid weeks and am now on ESQ Aspirin.

I am hoping an Administrator drops by with some TED advice, don't want to tag anyone though and get in trouble...lol. I value their input.

On an entertaining note, the beggar at the 7-11 just now who always says he just got out of the hospital, saw me, and this time, didn't ask for money.
 
@LoyalD, one of the things I hated the most when I had my first THR was wearing the TED's. With my second
THR now, I'm very quickly reminded how much I don't like them.
Glad you were able to get some Nordstrom shopping done. I am on Aspirin 325 mg as well as the TED's for the clot prevention. My OS and PT also said that the TED's also help in controlling the post-op swelling. I can vouch for that since I hardly had any swelling in my lower legs or ankles after my first THR.
 
@insexec, so you don't see any harm in keeping the TED on right? Do you recall with your first surgery, how long you kept if on, or how long you plan to keep this one on?
 
@sharonslp , next time you are online, can you please render your opinion on wearing the TED? I am at 3.5 weeks and if really helps, but if it is hindering my recovery, I would want yo ditch it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom