marieltha
graduate
- Joined
- Apr 9, 2019
- Messages
- 925
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
More on the challenge of sleeping during Recovery:
I get my best night’s sleep if I do not use the iphone/ipad/go online/ watch tv right before bed—and never ever during the night.
Mea culpa, I did that last night—and went to bed later than usual. Two mea culpas.
I find a routine during recovery is essential, and going to bed earlier than my normal is better for overall stamina.
I ice for 20 minutes when I first go to bed, and I do not want to fall asleep with the ice cuffs on. So I do read from a Kindle paperwhite which does not (supposedly) interfere with your brain’s normal sleep stages. The quality of my sleep seems better if I do this.
Anyone else have sleeping tips that work?
I get my best night’s sleep if I do not use the iphone/ipad/go online/ watch tv right before bed—and never ever during the night.
Mea culpa, I did that last night—and went to bed later than usual. Two mea culpas.
I find a routine during recovery is essential, and going to bed earlier than my normal is better for overall stamina.
I ice for 20 minutes when I first go to bed, and I do not want to fall asleep with the ice cuffs on. So I do read from a Kindle paperwhite which does not (supposedly) interfere with your brain’s normal sleep stages. The quality of my sleep seems better if I do this.
Anyone else have sleeping tips that work?
![[Bonesmart.org] Rotator Cuff Repair & Biceps Release [Bonesmart.org] Rotator Cuff Repair & Biceps Release](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/64/64348-fbc5f5e17c1007327aed18a6ecaa35f4.jpg?hash=-8X14XwQBz)
