Your home PT sounds fantastic! Function is so much more important than numbers. It would be great if they all thought that way. I believe recovery would be so much easier and much less stressful.She's big on function, not numbers, which I love.
Your home PT sounds fantastic! Function is so much more important than numbers. It would be great if they all thought that way. I believe recovery would be so much easier and much less stressful.She's big on function, not numbers, which I love.
BY 7:30 PM last night, my entire leg was screaming. Surely it wasn't JUST from emptying the dishwasher!! 
So much for predictable or assuming things are getting better. I also wonder if the PT's gentle leg massage was part of the problem. Massage has never made me that miserable though.I don’t know if the massage could be the culprit, but, you’ve never had a TKR before. This surgery causes a huge amount of trauma. 9 days isn’t even a whole drop in the bucket in this recovery.Massage has never made me that miserable though.


Stay away from that dishwasher. Now is the time to take care of you and your recovery, not the time to be doing household chores!
That is the one thing I am looking forward to...having somebody else doing the housecleaning; the cooking; the laundry; grocery shopping; and gardening while I take care of me following my surgery on 6/12.
United States
He barely has time to breathe and takes such good care of us. I hate how busy his life is. Our ride for piano lessons fell through today, so he's taking off early. We don't want Owen to miss one of his last 2 lessons before the recital on 6/9, plus he needs to go by the pharmacy afterwards. I'll try and keep reminding myself to just stay put on the couch.
United StatesBeing alone I had to do household and yard chores mostly myself. I did have a neighbor come in the first couple of weeks, but after that, it was on me. I found that I'd do just one extra little thing that took only about 5 minutes, then rest for at least an hour or so. Then, if I felt OK, I would do another tiny chore, then rest. Things did pile up and at first I stressed about it. But, then I realized that if I rest now I can do more sooner. It worked out for me just fine. The knee was always letting me know what I could and couldn't do.



I'm sorry you suffered from trying to help, but right now your job is to rest, ice, elevate, medicate on time, and only do a little bit of walking around the house.Yeah, hubby wasn't happy with me but understood I was just trying to help. Between working full-time, running his own martial arts school (3 nights a week), spending time with Owen (our 12 yr old), and trying to keep up with the house/laundry, I just wanted to help him SOMEHOW.He barely has time to breathe and takes such good care of us. I hate how busy his life is. Our ride for piano lessons fell through today, so he's taking off early. We don't want Owen to miss one of his last 2 lessons before the recital on 6/9, plus he needs to go by the pharmacy afterwards. I'll try and keep reminding myself to just stay put on the couch.
He would never forgive himself if I fell though or had a big set-back,so he asked me to not do that again any time soon. His exact words were actually "How about maybe helping when you're no longer watching the clock, dying for your 2 oxy-5's every 4 hrs." The look said it all----if I can barely stand up and walk at times, why did think I could actually help out with chores!! !
My husband would have been threatening to take it to the woods and not return. @Woodpusher The image of you chasing that cat around with your cane made my day.My husband would have been threatening to take it to the woods and not return.
@sistersinhim That's wonderful you had the kitties to keep you company during your recovery, plus give you something to take care of and enjoy. We have 3----a set of 9-yr old litter mates that are fairly small, plus a HUGE 4 yr old male that still acts like a kitten but is 14+ lbs. He keeps life fun.

Bizarre!!!