Atlas_aus
member
- Joined
- Mar 31, 2019
- Messages
- 236
- Age
- 63
- Gender
- Male
- Country
Australia
@Rockgirl4
Reading your recovery with interest. I am 1 week post op today, so way early but I guess not so far behind you.
The worst pain for me is my quads, guessing that is where they put the tourniquet. Ice packs and game ready seem to be useful, can't believe how many times I have ended up with chattering teeth ! We are coming into Winter here and I am such a Summer person !
Knee wise I am happy. Sadly I still have a catheter and it comes out on the 13th..... Have a lot of bruising and an amazing amount of shades
I am very lucky to have my Wife taking care of me, how people go through this on their own is amazing.
I am a side sleeper, mainly RH, and have never slept on my back... That is taking some getting used to. I have found I can sleep on my side for a while, but it is so much hassle with the catheter I have just resigned to falling in & out of sleep as it happens. Also found the sofa chair to get me off too.
Anyway hope your recovery continues in a positive way.
Reading your recovery with interest. I am 1 week post op today, so way early but I guess not so far behind you.
The worst pain for me is my quads, guessing that is where they put the tourniquet. Ice packs and game ready seem to be useful, can't believe how many times I have ended up with chattering teeth ! We are coming into Winter here and I am such a Summer person !
Knee wise I am happy. Sadly I still have a catheter and it comes out on the 13th..... Have a lot of bruising and an amazing amount of shades

I am very lucky to have my Wife taking care of me, how people go through this on their own is amazing.
I am a side sleeper, mainly RH, and have never slept on my back... That is taking some getting used to. I have found I can sleep on my side for a while, but it is so much hassle with the catheter I have just resigned to falling in & out of sleep as it happens. Also found the sofa chair to get me off too.
Anyway hope your recovery continues in a positive way.
2) Pull myself from the couch, grabbing the walker in the dark, flip on the lights (while successfully trying not to step in or roll through the cat puke.
It's slow going with the walker, as I'm super stiff upon waking. 2a) Say quick prayer of gratitude for clean feet. 3) Clean up 2 piles of cat puke while hanging on to the walker for dear life. 4) Pat myself on the back for my efforts because both piles were in the path on the way to the bathroom. 5 & 6) Put away cleaning supplies I had gathered previously (oh yeah---forgot to mention the trek into the laundry room for those). 7) Turn off lights, back to the couch, proud of my accomplishments. 


Cleaning up cat puke in the middle of the night in bad under normal circumstances; but, to do so holding on to a walker takes a special talent!


At least I wasn't the only one blessed with this chore last night. 



I do well until I get super bored or begin hurting again. I have this weird thing where it gets to 9 PM and I kind of just hurt all over from the waist down. Maybe it's all of the little activity from the day building up. My emotions always tend to run over around 10PM if it happens, so the combination makes for some pity parties and crying jags.
I know it wears on my husband so I try to pick my moments.
None of that has helped my worry over it all. Just makes me question, anyalyze, and get mad. I've ignored those texts and am not about to justify things. Time to move on to crosswords, Netflix, a book, or some scrapbooking---DISTRACTION, here I come!!!!
How do YOU describe them?