Irish471
senior
@Rockgirl4 , that's all awesome stuff! Just be a little careful not to overdo it. It tends to happen when you're finally feeling better. 


AustraliaTomorrow is 4 wks!! The last week has brought a lot of change....
7) Walking/standing----I still don't see how Bonesmart and other people recommend walking as a way to improve/recover. It swells me up more and makes the pain worse, leading to more medication. Maybe I'm just an anomaly. Those of you walking 10-15 minutes at 3-4 wks post-op blow my mind.
So I think this is a good time to remember those around us needing support or encouragement. Hubs knows he's in the dog house, and I plan to keep him there a bit.![]()
Poor Hubby.
I HAD overdone it the day before, and he kept blaming my bad memory and not adhering to the surgeon's new advice....when I knew it was all of the new things I had done, the extra standing, the 5 loads of laundry and remaking the beds. You said this a while ago and Atlas_Aus brought it up again.7) Walking/standing----I still don't see how Bonesmart and other people recommend walking as a way to improve/recover. It swells me up more and makes the pain worse, leading to more medication. Maybe I'm just an anomaly. Those of you walking 10-15 minutes at 3-4 wks post-op blow my mind.


This was a HUGE, mental thing for me. I need more bend to drive safely, and I'm tired of being trapped at home and relying on other people for transportation. It didn't take any force, my hip was barely hiked (ha! wink-wink! ), and it happened within one minute of starting---so I didn't even really need to warm up other than the heat pack we always start PT with. I was sooooo happy. She thinks the Arthrotec (anti-inflammatory) has had massive impact in just 5 days of use, as my range of motion AND stiffness is like night and day suddenly. Regardless of "why"---I'll take it!!!
I came home and searched again, even going so far as tearing the vacuum bag apart, digging through cat hair and other icky stuff, knowing my husband vacuumed Sunday afternoon (I haven't wore it since Sunday). No luck. I'm sick over it. This was my 20th wedding anniversary diamond ring that I adore.I 
He couldn't get in to much detail, but it's looking like a completely different floor plan is necessary, or else we go with a "3 level ranch" design he will explain in person (meaning 2 levels and a basement)---which sounds to ME like a 2-story.
Considering I just had a knee replacement at 46 and will eventually need the other one done, we DO NOT WANT stairs other than going down to a basement.
It happened Friday afternoon with little effort and only a tiny bit of hip-hiking involved. The combination of time and the anti-inflammatory is doing wonders for my sudden improvement (Friday was Day 8 on the Arthrotec). I got on the bike this morning, not knowing what to expect due to the swelling. Sure enough--I could still do it. 
United Kingdom
United States
I could also see much more definition around my knee within 4-5 days, and by the 1-week mark, those that saw me walk, sit, and stand cold not believe I was the same person as just 7 days before. I would almost call it miraculous, as I was still very stiff and sore up to that point. Granted, my PT had become too intense the 3-4 days before I started taking the medication, but I find it hard to believe I had a miraculous improvement the DAY after the last PT session----it HAD to be the anti-inflammatory helping.
Luckily, I woke up the next day and felt much better. I still get queasy if I eat anything greasy/fatty, but I'm 10 days in out of the 28, so I think the worst is over.
What's hilarious to me is this Arthrotec medication has a stomach protectant as part of the medication (it's Diclofenac with Misoprostol). A pharmacist friend told me it's the Misoprostol that upsets your digestive system. Talk about irony!!!
United States
It felt wonderful to drive again after 6 & 1/2 weeks. My first and only stop was the Captain D's drive thru for some hush puppies. That's how THIS girl celebrated!!!! 
.