At 4 weeks I'd say my proportion of feet up to feet down was about 90%up/ 10% down. By week 6 it was probably 70% up. But I really didn't keep a schedule. I just got up periodically and moved around, took a walk etc.
It most certainly is. Unfortunately, when we error it's painful. As long as we learn from it, it's a good thing!It's really trial and error, isn't it?!
These are my recent "mini" milestones though:
It will resolve when I get just a bit more bend, as I'm <this> close. I'm up to 12-13 minutes each day in 1 session and am loving it!!!
Notice I'm not concentrating on ANY numbers for flexion or extension. My PT doesn't need to measure for 2 more weeks anyway, as my 9 week checkup with the surgeon isn't until July 25th. We're enjoying the functional progress and know a lot can still improve in 2.5 wks.
United States


All I can say is there were definite high-fives that followed, along with some happy tears.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom



United StatesI always used swelling as my guide---ride 10 min on bike--no swelling, then ride 15 if swelling! ride 5, etc! It sounds like you are doing that too---more rest is always better until 12 weeks, so, if in doubt, through your legs up and rest!



AustraliaI do okay while moving, but standing still for too long is very uncomfortable and quickly leads to increased pain.
United StatesDid anyone completely skip a period after their TKR? I had one around 10-11 days post-op, right on schedule. Now I'm easily 2 weeks late for my next one. I'
United Kingdom

I plan on having my PT measure this Thursday, so we get the flexion measurement WITH medication, then next Tuesday (the day before the appointment) in case it drops considerably. That way I can argue it's NOT scar tissue, but swelling/inflammation. I shouldn't be so negative as to expect an argument, but I want to prepared for the awful MUA conversation in case it comes up. I doubt it will, but I'm a girl who likes to be armed with information.
I would never agree to an MUA at this point, but I also don't want the subject to even come up!!
What a load of
!! It's like talking to a wall sometimes!!! 
