winemama
senior
@Rockgirl4 the leg straightening was crazy, lots of pain in my calf and foot almost 9 weeks to have it almost gone. Thanks for the thoughts
It has taken me the past two days to recover! Believe me, I did not travel three hours from home to have my TKR at one of the top medical facilities in the US only to have a bunch of local yokels damage all of the excellent work my OS did. And so, with my Penn Medicine PT Exercises Book; and my hubby as my coach (PT) I have decided to do my own PT. It will not be the first time, and with a left knee yet to me replaced, I am pretty sure it won't be the last!

I am one of those that believe God wants the best for his children. If we listen to Him the best will happen!Some of you may not go in for stuff like this, but I do believe she's a gift from God.


I'm not talking a week longer than most either---more like 4-6 weeks longer. After my ACI fiasco, it took 6-7 MONTHS to walk normally. She's hoping we can avoid that this time, stretch things out AROUND the knee sooner, with the goal to make walking easier now rather than later. Again, she's all about functionality, not numbers. I'm up for anything to help my poor back too.
I was embarrassed, as I knew better in some ways....
I'm sure it's the people-pleaser in me. Now I'm nervous about the conversation Monday, as I will change the plan or stop going. I don't WANT to stop going though, as the hand's-on, soft tissue massage has really made my thigh/calf feel better. It's going to be interesting to say "Yeah, you did wonders for my gait and muscles, but you REALLY ticked off the joint!!!!" I'll find better words, as she's a great person and is just doing what she was taught. We are responsible for our behavior and have to own it.
No words necessary, as I'm still kicking my own butt over it all.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom



He and the PA are NOT happy with my PT. I've been going 3X a week for 2 hrs each time. He said cut it to 1-2X a week, for no more than an hour each time.


I'm stir-crazy, I just want to drive, I'm fed up with a sorta-bending knee being that will KEEP me from driving for a few more weeks (per my Dr), then add in a husband that is clueless......just absolutely clueless. 
He made me SOOOOO mad!!!!!! Next time I'm recording the
appointment so I can play it all back!!!!!
or "good job".....It's not like this is our first "knee" rodeo. I've had a baby and 11 knee surgeries----yes---ELEVEN!!!! We had this same conversation 3 yrs ago after the ACI fiasco.....but yet MYYYYY memory is the compromised one!!!! Where is the "eye roll" emoji when I most need it?Oh, @Rockgirl4.....I can't believe you passed up an opportunity like this to toot BoneSmart's horn a bit with tyour surgeon. Next time, do it!The entire time he was in the room, it was all I could do not to ask him "Hey, by the way, do you know about this website called Bonesmart?
)
Sounds like some PTs we dislike!!!! I promise I'm working on patience.