TKR Right TKR November 7, 2016

Its usually the lower part of my leg from the knee down feels bolted on. Does that feeling go away? I'm hoping it will and I won't be able to tell a difference.
 
Your leg will gradually start to feel more normal. It takes a while and it happens slowly. Believe it or not, there will come a time when you actually forget about "The Knee".
 
My knee feels normal except for where the stem goes into my lower bone. It's still really tender and raised up. It'll just take time before your knee feels like it's yours. I'm really happy with the knee joint itself.
 
Good evening,

I certainly understand what you mean when you say it doesn't feel natural. I usually do it feels uncomfortable. I believe we will get to a time when it feels like ours. LOL I also have to have my other one replaced as well. I am definitely going to wait until this one feels more like mine.

I can't image ho people that do them both at the same time make it though this. I would have been livid had I done both.

How did they fell about you stopping your PT? My clinic called me for a week to come back.

Smoother recovery to you!
 
Appreciate the feedback. That's more of an accurate description - knee feels good. Guess its the stem that goes into lower bone is what I'm feeling. Thats the bolted on and enlarged sensation. So that goes away?
 
Hey I also meant to recommend that you get yourself a Nedi Pot for your allergies. I started using one and as soon as I did I was able to stop my allergy shots. If you decide to use one ALWAYS make sure you use distilled water. I used it everyday for a year and have not had any problems since. I occasionally use it when I get a little congested and that does he trick.
 
You know my wife swears by the Neti Pot, but I've still yet to try it. I'll pass the distilled water tip to her. I'll try it next allergy attack. Thanks!
 
Good evening,

I certainly understand what you mean when you say it doesn't feel natural. I usually do it feels uncomfortable. I believe we will get to a time when it feels like ours. LOL I also have to have my other one replaced as well. I am definitely going to wait until this one feels more like mine.

I can't image ho people that do them both at the same time make it though this. I would have been livid had I done both.

How did they fell about you stopping your PT? My clinic called me for a week to come back.

Smoother recovery to you!

Ok. Good to hear its a normal sensation to be feeling. Today felt extra (ab)normal. Like I was robocop from bottom of my knee down.

Idk, I'm sure its crazy difficult to have both done at same time, but you would get them out of the way and not have to go thru it again.

On the other hand, getting them done at different times helps prepare for the challenges and I'm so thankful for this site!

My PT clinic didn't call me. I think they are so busy so not worried to lose business I guess.

All the best to you as well!
 
10 weeks today. Still doing pretty good. Getting stronger. Haven't gone or done any PT. Only thing I'm feeling is the banding on the left side of the knee. Its not tight or painful, just uncomfortable. Feels like hard taffy that stretches when I flex or extend my knee. Hasn't really subsided over the past few days. Do I continue to ice/elevate? I don't take any meds except for the occasional ibuprofen when I'm active all day and the knee swells a bit.
 
You are doing so good. And yes, I think you should be still icing and elevating. I still do when I'm having discomfort after an extra busy day. And I occasionally have a tightness on the inside of my knee, also. This is the last place, except for my lower stem area to give me problems. But, it not nearly as bad as it used to be. Yours will continue to improve, too! It just takes time. Something all of us hate to have to do!
 
Like Paula, I iced well into month 4 and sometimes month 5 after a busy day. I went back to work part time at 12 weeks and spent most afternoons icing, elevating and napping.
 
Icing is good. You might also try some tylenol during the day. Sometimes that stiff feeling is really a form of pain and will feel better with some meds. I took 1,000mg 3x/day for many weeks after I was off the "hard stuff." :)
 
Appreciate the input! Client meetings all day last 3 days. Not too bad. Definitely needed ice and elevation. And was wiped out. Still have the band, but not tight. Just stretchy tight, does that make sense? Also sensitive skin. All in all seem to be moving along ok.
 
End of 11th week for me. The band feeling now comes and goes. Still there probably 75% of the time, but do have moments where I don't feel it and I think it feels like a normal knee. Of course as soon as I think that, its back.
 
It sounds like you are progressing along nicely! These knees are a rollercoaster for a long time.
 
@ferddword I am not sure who these people are that are up and running at 6 weeks! I am like you. The band feeling comes and goes but is present more often that not, about 90% for me. I am supposed to have my other one done but I have to wait until this one feels like it belongs to me. LOL. Good luck to you and your continued progress.
 
Back
Top Bottom