Guest viewing is limited

TKR Right TKR November 7, 2016

The numbness is a bit of a hindrance and definitely annoying so hope it goes away. Hope the noises don't start hurting. Thanks Celle!
 
I am one of those people who might not move enough without the PT
@OUCH! Can you tell me what you do in your house during the day? You're not just sitting on your lounger just watching TV now, are you?
 
The numbness is a bit of a hindrance and definitely annoying so hope it goes away.
Read the article! Those are my knees and it took about 5 years for it to go on the first knee. Second knee has yet to be 'normal'!
 
ferddword, you will not notice after a while. In 2015 I had chemo which affected the soles of my feet. The neuropathy is permanent.. It bothered me a lot the first few months. Now I don't care.
 
@Josephine um.... do you want the honest answer? Are you going to yell at me?

Yep, until just the last day or two I have either been in the recliner or in the bed elevating and icing for the most part. I completely overdid it Christmas and the day after and it has taken me until now to recover. I get up to go to the bathroom, feed the fish, make coffee in the AM and get the occasional drink. My husband and kids have been doing all the food prep, laundry, cleaning etc. BUT I don't want to derail someone else's thread.
 
I'll do that with pleasure, @ferddword

do you want the honest answer? Are you going to yell at me?
MY dear lady, I always want honest answers and I never yell at anybody! You wouldn't be able to hear me if I did because this is the internet, remember? :rotfl: Anyway, that activity is perfectly okay for 3½ weeks!
 
You're most welcome! Though can I just say that it's not necessary to quote a post in order to reply to it? Specially when that post is the one before yours! Unless there is some specific phrase you want to address, of course!
Then do it like this How to quote a post.

Thanks for understanding! :)
 
Ah gotcha. Thanks for the tips. Busy day running around today. Does the heavy feeling in knee = swelling?
 
I would say, yes, or just all part of the healing process. Sometimes you can trace it a bit to how much you've been on your feet, but a lot of it is just time and healing.
 
Thanks kneeper. I'm 9 weeks today and have the rubberband feeling. Some days stronger than others. And doesn't seem to be directly related to activity, at least for me. Also, knee is still swollen a bit so feels heavy. Doesn't seem to reduce by the day yet. I still ice in the evenings. Not really taking any meds though.
 
Honey, you're only 9 weeks yet - still plenty of time to be getting this particular malady! It will go in eventually, just give it time - maybe another couple of months! Perhaps try some ibuprofen or diclofenac gel. It might help.
 
I hear ya! I'm becoming impatient. I see the possibilities, but just need to wait. I will say, been feeling crudy today (allergies - its 75 degrees in Houston) so just been laying on couch and band subsided a smidge. And probably good I'm resting my other knee at same time cuz that will need to get fixed up also at some point.
 
Ferddword.....

I am a few days behind you, 11/10. We seem to be sharing the same experiences. I was worried because I was having the band feeling more than I thought I should. Much to my surprise I woke up on yesterday and it was gone. I have some swelling that is a result of doing too much, went to get groceries and refused to use the cart. I am so glad it is gone. My ROM is nowhere as good as yours but I will get there! Thanks for sharing!

2helpme
 
Ah, pesky allergies. One benefit I guess of living where we get snow and a high of 22 degrees today (balmy!) :heehee:--we get an allergy break.
 
@2helpme - happy to hear your journey has been going along smoothly as well. The band feeling is definitely reducing but slowly. After a busy day it swells a bit so feels heavy. I wonder does it get to a point where the knee feels like its ours? Some days I can say possibly, but some days like today it feels like its bolted on. Doesn't hurt just doesn't feel natural. Hope that makes sense.
 
@kneeper. 85 today here. Worse allergies. I actually wouldn't mind a cold spell for a few days. But nothing that lasts more than a week! And not colder than 40. Lol
 
Back
Top Bottom