Right TKR at 50 on September 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang in their Donna, yes you will clean up again, and again, you will be doing things right up to the last moment, I did. But you know keeping your self busy is much better than sitting, and watching the clock, waiting to go to hospital Tuesday. To much spare times makes you over think, then you start to worry, and we don't want that.
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND.
 
Oh Donna, I think you should stand your ground with son #1. He should stay and take care of his children (the ones that are coming are his right?) They're not your responsibility, especially this weekend. It's time your family realizes things are going to be different and it might as well start right now. He should not only take care of his children, but clean up after them. I pray your grandchildren can be a joy and a sweet distraction for you, not added stress. Glad your girlfriend can come to be a support for you.
:console2: Hugs to you sweetie.
 
Hey Donna!

Glad to hear that you're less anxious now after talking to your OS! If you can still get it, I would highly recommend the cooling cuff. I have a devil of a time keeping cold packs on and generally wrap them up with an ace bandage to keep them in place. When it comes time for the right knee (hopefully many years down the road) I will definitely do the cooling cuff.

Keep the good thoughts!
 
I totally agree with Trish, I have a Polar Care Cube and love it! I didn't tolerate the ice packs in the hospital. They sent me into chills, then my upper thighs started to spasm, tightening everything up.....increasing pain! I finally got my OS to order me a heating pad. I held it on my thieghs and midsection to calm things down. I was freezing all the time.
 
My Father arrived this afternoon, i guess that means it is getting pretty close. I have a full day tomorroe to get last minute stuff finished.
I have an early appt with my hairdresser for a cut & colour, pick up medications and finishing packing hospital bag.
Call the hospital for my arrival time. Lucky I made a list.
 
Last day to finish off everything. Had the grandchildren over the weekend so still need to finish removing their bits and pieces. At 1am my youngest son was over raiding my fridge and freezer. Another lot of frozen meals gone. The oldest son did the same when he left yesterday. I dont have spare time to recook anything more and I realise even if I did it wont be here when I get out of hospital anyway. I will just need to hope I can manage and dh will not starve me through my recovery stage.

Im thinking it will be a while before I get to grocery shop again. I have resigned myself to the fact I have one son out if three who the week after I get hone from hosp can cook. He will be a great help the week he is home. Gee I miss him whilst he works away.

My cousin sent me a msg last night to let her know if I need anything and I told her 'Yes' told her I will need some help wk 2 of recovery and could she let me know what day she could come here.

That was my start to admitting I am going to need some help and I am going to say 'yes'

Well my day has begun here in Australia, surgery is tomorrow the 17th but I think its on a Wednesday if your in the USA due to the time line. So I just got the Physio called to set up a time for delivery of items to my home.

The day begins....
 
Donna,
I will be keeping you in my prayers.
God bless you and keep you.
 
Thank you everyone. I need to be at hospital at 1pm. No food or drink from 9am.
 
Best wishes for your surgery and recovery to go very smoothly. I'm close behind you and will see you on the other side.
P>S> Forget all the problems and concerns now. This is not about your family right now. It is about you and you must take care of you.
 
Wish health and good care and prayers your way have been to your country and enjoyed all the wonderful people there.Cruise2013 have mine on 093013 rt.knee replacement. Karen
 
Just wanted to write before I leave. The car is packed with probably way to many things but I would rather more then not enough. It is not a long drive to the hospital from my home. Am I feeling prepared "NO" but in the end ot really wont matter. I done my best and I am going to get through this today. Will post asap even if it is just a few words. Thank you for your support and to the members who are coming up for their operation GOOD LUCK. Hugs xx
 
My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you Donna, today and through out your recovery.
God Bless
 
Thank you for your patience, my leg id bandaged so dont know how long my badge is yet. Good luck everyone. Im feeling the love here xxx
 
Just caught up with your thread Donna, wow, you have been through the mill, but you have come out of it all on the right side. :ok: So admire how you spoke to that physio, you gave it to her straight! :no-fin: well done so proud of you! Too bad if she was shocked, she needed to be! Perhaps now she will review her practice.what beats me, is how physios with this means of practice, get away with it, I mean their results can't be good, as they are delaying recovery, how come they are not held to account for this??any way you told her! And will not be one of her victims! And by so doing will most likely have helped others. Can' t believe the nurse said that whether or not you have spinal is not up to you! As you so rightly said everything is up to you!! You are so clear about this because you work in a medical field, but I fear for others who are not so clear!
So the big day has come and I want to join with all the other friends in wishing you the very best. I hope your two greedy self serving sons take a back seat, and reflect on how good they would feel if they did something to help their mother at such a time! Hope too that hubby comes through for you, sounds as if that is his plan ..hope so! Sounds as if dad will be a blessing too. You just sit there with your legs up and let those that want, help you for a change, believe me, I'm loving it! Go well and look forward to catching up with you on the other side! :friends:
 
Good luck Donna...I know your surgery is today. I hope it went well and I can't wait to read your posts on the other side!

Hugs
Denise
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom