Guest viewing is limited

THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cynthia777 Thank you. I called today so I am hoping that they call me back tomorrow. I will definitely message you if he doesn't know a good place. Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow... Really rough day... Huge fight with my husband because I'm just feeling alone. I can't drive, the kids are going crazy being stuck here all day and night and I feel like the walls are closing in on me. Been in tears all night...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Laura, it sounds to me like you need some serious help-on-the-ground. Do you have anyone that you can call who can help you with the kids? Anyone who can help you with how down you are feeling? I would suggest that you reach out to others and tell them how bad things are. The only thing we can do here on BS is to listen, but I don't know if that will be enough for you! Please seek out the help you and your children need!
 
@Krista ... I am going to try and reach out for help. I feel great for the weekend when my husband is home and then Tues-Thurs. set in and it's rough. I am hoping and praying that the PT will clear me to drive by the end of the week and then I can at least take the kids to the pool and sit and watch them. The older two are old enough to watch my 5 year olds and there are so many friendly people at the pool who have offered to help with the kids or run to the snack place and bring me anything I need! I think that will be a big help. Any idea when someone can go back into the pool? I am almost 7 weeks out and my scar is completely healed. I wouldn't go in with all the kids, but there is an adult section and I would love to just dip in and get wet and then get out. Let me know what everyone thinks!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good that you are going to try for help, especially in the mid-week time period when things are worst for you. I'd ask my surgeon's office for his directions about when you can go into a pool. Hope you do get that permission to drive. I was driving at 6 weeks, so maybe you'll be at the wheel soon. Being at the pool sounds like it will be fun and social for you and your children. I'd be really careful, though, about older children watching 5 year-olds at a pool. I'd want my eyes on them at all times, too! Sorry if this sounds intrusive - I'd just hate for an accident to happen and have the older kids feel responsible.
 
@Laura1979
I just asked my OS if I could go in our pool and he said I could because my incision is completely healed (I'm at 8 weeks now). This was music to my ears since its averaging 100 to 108 here! I think you're mood will improve quite a bit with getting out of the house. How nice that you have people around you willing to help!
 
@Krista Definitely not intrusive! There is a smaller pool with seats right next to it and that's the only place I would allow them to swim if I was there alone. This is still a dream though right now since I have not been cleared to drive and I think it's going to be at least another week or two. I keep hoping it's the end of this week, but probably not. I will definitely make sure all my babies are safe! They have all taken swim lessons since they were 18 months, but you can never be too careful!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Cynthia777 It has been hit here as well, but not that hot! Wow! Hang in there with the heat! I would just like to dip in and get out! Just to cool down! I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow, but I am going to attach a pic of my scar to get some opinions! All around it is the glue that held it together, and the only dark spots are actually the glue from the bandage that ended up working its way onto my incision, it's not a scab. Just curious what everyone thinks!
[Bonesmart.org] Right THR but only  6 weeks and losing faith"
[Bonesmart.org] Right THR but only  6 weeks and losing faith"



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Josephine Any thoughts on if there is anything I can use to get the left over glue off? I feel like I always do myself in because I was terrified to have the water in the shower touch my scar and now this glue is all left over. Anything I can do! See the above pictures! Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Can someone tag Josephine for me. When I do it from my app it doesn't seem to actually tag her. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks everyone!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So almost 7 weeks and still just having a lot of tightness and pain when I walk. I am thinking some of it may be from trying to walk around the house with a cane. The OT said yesterday I could start using it around the house and I am sore today and tight. Anyone else experience this? I'm going to call my OS today and see if there are some slightly stronger pain meds I can take while I am moving to walking on the cane and putting a lot of weight on my leg. Can anyone recommend pain meds that aren't too strong and I can still function with my 6 kids? Thanks!

Laura


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am taking Advil every 6 hours... 2 liquid gels... So 400 mg... They had given me Gabapentin and I was supposed to take 100mg 3 times a day but it wasn't doing anything...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The moderators have said Tylenol is a much better pain reliever. They have said you can take 1000 Mg's 4 times a day (not to exceed 4,000 Mg's a day). Before you take it let me verify with @Jamie or @Jaycey if this is the correct dosage. Hopefully one of them should be along shortly.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
They had given me Gabapentin and I was supposed to take 100mg 3 times a day but it wasn't doing anything...
100mgs is actually quite a low dose. Also it's quite common to be started on a low dose and gradually increased until you get the required relief. 300mg three times a day is quite usual. So I suggest you contact your doctor and tell him that the gabapentin isn't working.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom