Right Hip now Left Knee WEEEE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am down to 2 weeks and counting!! No nerves just in waiting mode.
 
Hey You!!!! Thinking about you all the time.....So glad to hear everything is ready to go....You'll do fine I know you will....I hope your keeping yourself busy....Look ...your a pro at this replacement stuff....lol...with all our new parts when we are 90 we will be running marathons..:fasthorse:...LOL....relax and enjoy your family and like you told me those dust bunnies will always be there..:heehee:.Love you!!! PS my hip is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! hope yours is to!!!!!!
 
Hi, @mystikfairy61 ... am glad the nerves are on the back burner. Waiting mode is less stressful, I would think.
You are almost there! I hope you have not been in too much pain. I sent you a PM, so please check your inbox and if for some reason it did not reach you, let me know. Thanks and take care.
 
@chaseyboy...Hey sweetie, have really missed talking to you. Please give me a call when you get time. I will PM my number again just in case you don't have it. Glad to know that your hip is doing great, told you all would be good for you. Love and miss ya!!
@Peaches Thanks so much for the PM I really appreciate it, that was really sweet of you. I will be creating my post op thread a few days before it so feel free to watch for it. The countdown has been busy for me. I got my medicare and I have been busy getting in to see a new primary care doc and all that it entails, so you can only imagine.
The only thing I hate about my surgery date is that my son that moved here has to move to Duluth GA and start a permanent job on the 17th so they won't be here for it. But my baby girl is back home and she will be here so that helps a lot. I got into a pain management doc but am trying to only take my meds once or twice a day to prevent me from having problems with the pain meds post op not working as good as they should. I have informed them and will again before the surgery so that way if what they give me isn't doing the trick, they can make adjustments as needed. That's it for now. Will keep you all posted. Thanks for the well wishes all!!
 
You are more than welcome, @mystikfairy61 ... I am not quite there yet in terms of Medicare, and can only imagine the red tape, but hope it goes smoothly for you. So glad your daughter will be there with you at least. I will be on the lookout for your post-op knee thread so I can join the others with cheering you on!! Yeah, and make them give you the right pain meds!
 
Glad you are all sorted & ready @mystikfairy61 Not long now until you have a new knee to go with that lovely hip.

Glad you have your daughter at home for support too......wishing you all the best & will look out for your post op recovery thread... Thinking of you...Chrissie x




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Hoppy Nanny Me too girl!! So glad the countdown is down to days instead of weeks now. I stopped my NSAID today but my new pain management doc has me on something that I can take. Just hoping that it doesn't hamper the pain meds they will give me during my early recovery. In fact, I think I will call them tomorrow and ask them about it. Would hate to take something now that would keep the meds from working afterward. Keep a watch out for my post op thread, I will probably set it up the weekend before surgery on Tuesday.
 
@mystikfairy61
All the best to you on your surgery on Tuesday, November 18th.

When you feel up to it, please do update us after the surgery and let us know how you are doing!
See you on the other side!
:SUNsmile:
 
@1ELISEA Thanks so much!! I am a little concerned that they might postpone me yet again. I have gotten a nasty cough, non productive and no fever, which I was told would be ok for me to have surgery but I won't feel like I am really gonna get it done til I get there and anethesiology gives me the go ahead. Just feeling kind of drained and yucky but drinking a lot of fluids especially OJ to get that vitamin C in. What is so strange about my cough, if I laugh it gets me coughing but deep breathing is no problem at all and I can even sing to the radio in the car without any problems. So here's hoping all will be a GO on Tuesday!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Boy this afternoon I have developed wheezing, not too sure if that will pass or not. @Josephine Just curious if wheezing and cough(non-productive) with no fever would hold me back from having my surgery. My GP told me Wed when I went that as long as there was no mucus or fever that there was no reason for them to not let me go ahead with it. Just wanted to get your opinion!!
 
Hi @mystikfairy61, I hope you are ok and that things go well tomorrow. Good thoughts are with you. Hope to see you on the other side. Hugs!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ok tomorrow is the day!!! I have already set up my post op thread https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/roller-coaster-ride-number-2.26972/ which is already in my signature. My surgery time was moved up so instead of 11:30 it was moved up to 8am so I have to be there at 6am EST. My anesthesiologist called me and we did a phone interview in preparation for tomorrow. I told him about the cough and wheezing and he said as long as no mucus or fever that we could proceed as planned. I did ask him if he could order me breathing treatments for after the surgery and he said he would order them as needed. So all is GO for tomorrow!!. I will do my best to get on tomorrow afternoon or evening for a short first post once I have sobered up a bit, LOL!! Will see you all tomorrow! Thanks for the support, you all have been wonderful and I hope I can help someone that is coming up the pike behind me.
 
All is done and dusted and I am posting on my post op thread for anyone who is following.
 
Welcome to recovery!!! You sound like you're doing great....perky and all! Take care of yourself and keep that pain under control.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom