Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Right Foot Turns Out<

Thanks for the support. I truly appreciate it.
In my mind i should have been better in 2 weeks!!
I thought I would be better sooner, but 2 weeks! Wow! you and I are a lot in-line. Thanks
 
  • Funny
Reactions: CAB
Well, I've been back to teaching for what should have been two weeks now, but the snow had other ideas, so I've only really had 2 full days and 4 half days. At 12 weeks post op (tomorrow) I really thought things would keep progressing forward. I am moving better, although I look like a "weeble" (like the weebles wobble but they don't fall down-which I am scared to death of doing). For some reason it seems my ROM is getting worse. I'm doing more sitting when teaching than I've ever done. Could that cause it? Every time I stand and walk a bit my knees get tight. When I sit for a while my knees get tight. After walking the mall yesterday my knees hurt like anything when I bent them and really a lot today when trying to bend them back more than a normal sit. I still elevate (when I can) and definitely ice. Is this normal?
 
For some reason it seems my ROM is getting worse. I'm doing more sitting when teaching than I've ever done. Could that cause it?
Yes, when you are sitting with your legs down, the fluid in your knees can't go anywhere so it just accumulates in your knees. That makes them stiffer. Try to elevate and ice as much as you can while you are sitting. Can you elevate even higher than you are now? That should help.
 
Thank you Sistersinhim. At school, it is difficult. When I am planning, I'll bring some pillows and that way at least for a short time during the day I can do a little higher.
 
I am right there with you. I get very stiff doing anything for not real long periods. My Dr said it was normal for my body. It could take 1 to 1.5 years to be great. Just listen to my body. I come home from work and elevate and ice. Walk a little .....Elevate and ice. I do take Tylenol frequently and sometimes Advil and tumerick. I know you can't do the later.
 
When I sit for a while my knees get tight. After walking the mall yesterday my knees hurt like anything when I bent them and really a lot today when trying to bend them back more than a normal sit. I still elevate (when I can) and definitely ice. Is this normal?
Yes, it's normal.

Although it seems as if you've been recovering for ages, you're still only four months into a year-long recovery. If you sty in any one position for a while, your knee will be stiff at first when you start moving again. While your knee isn't moving, it isn't making the synovial fluid that lubricates it. When you start moving again, that fluid starts working - a little bit like putting oil on a rusty hinge.
 
All the support and the use of the work time is so very accurate. Thank you for that gift. Time is making things better. I can even walk a little backwards to watch my students walk down the halls properly now. That is a gift.

The one new thing that has propped up, and it may be natural, is that I seem to have a deep painful ache behind my right knee. It is there a lot more as the day wears on. It definitely hurts. Any ideas why?
 
The one new thing that has propped up, and it may be natural is that I seem to have a deep painful ache behind my right knee. It is there a lot more as the day wears on. It definitely hurts. Any ideas why?
I’ll tag @Josephine for you.
 
Tell me where this pain is using this chart

[Bonesmart.org] Right Foot Turns Out<


You could also take a picture of your feet (both) showing this bad position.
Taken as you look down upon then will do very nicely thank you
 
Thank you for being quick. Mostly deeply in RB1 D and a little over into RB2
The picture is standing naturally.
[Bonesmart.org] Right Foot Turns Out<

Also along the front at RF1 along the line of DE has some pain but not the deep ache.
Thanks for the help. Maybe this is just normal??
 
Starting to feel much better today. Maybe it is just time or I did something my leg didn't like.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom