THR Rhonda k’s recovery

Hi @Diamond77 I sure have no idea…..I can understand being cautious, but this seems overkill. Especially when I read about some getting their’s out at ten days. Just seems like all it’s doing is making for more discomfort for me because of them being in so long, they are making themselves a part of me :). Sure will be taking a pain med that morning…..
 
Hi @Elf1 i think I was posting on Lynne’s thread without realizing so I came over here. Thanks for letti me know how it was for you. You would think there would be more standard protocols for us but gosh they are all over the place. Well if most on here used pillows with no problems then I will too.tonight I’m thinking I will sleep much better which I need so badly….thanks everyone.
 
:hi: Happy One Month Anniversary, Rhonda!
Hope you’re sleeping better. Enjoy the rest of the week!
@Rhonda K
 
Thank you Layla..I’m still having a hard time with sleeping. I’m using pillows now instead of the abduction wedge to stay on my back which is much better as far as comfort, but I can only get decent sleep if I take a Percocet.Not sure how wise that is…
 
I can only get decent sleep if I take a Percocet.Not sure how wise that is…
Hopefully the sleeplessness is only temporary and because you’re finding it difficult to get / stay comfortable. You may want to consider Magnesium.

Magnesium supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)

An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

Best Wishes for some restorative sleep!
 
You are so right hhhooray. They’ve been “biting “ me for sure. And ITCHING!! I was told early on not to put anything on the incision, so I assume that still applies. I got my ice out again and that helps but can’t wait for Thursday to get them out. Although they are almost a part of me after this long….no way…..ha. I wont miss them. Also thanks Layla for info on magnesium. I happen to have some so will give them a try. Would be wonderful to find a solution. I’ve had this problem for years so it’s not totally the surgery and back sleeping but I had been doing better for awhile. But now I’m back to being miserable again, so I’ll try it. Thanks so much!
 
Sorry to hear about your staples. Five weeks does sound excessive. It was recommended that mine came out between days 10 to 14, and on inspection if the wound they were deemed ready to be removed at day 10. I guess everyone is different and healing time varies. I have been using bio oil recently on my scar to keep it supple when healing. Hope you get them taken out real soon.
 
Hello Lynne…..today is the day! Finally! It seems like my surgeon insists at least 4 weeks for his patients. Makes no sense if the incision is healed on most at two weeks or less, why do some need twice as long? Oh well, I do think there will be more pain because skin has grown over some of them. But it will be nice to bid them good bye. They pull, sting, itch, etc. and it’s another step in the process to me.
 
Was it painful getting your staples out? I hope not. So glad you are finally rid of them.
 
No. Not really, a little bit when she dug a few out that were under the skin but most weren’t bad at all. Yes it feels s good to have them out but she put Steri strips on and now I’m “shedding“ around the house. I’m not sure what purpose they serve.
 
Oh good! So glad to hear it wasn’t bad. Ugh, sorry about the steri strips. Just one more thing to have to clean up.
 
Hooray to no more staples! And I gather that the wedge got the heave-ho. Great to take these steps back to normality.
 
It sure did Klassy. Just switched to a pillow and last night I switched to an even smaller pillow. It still works to keep me immobile and is a little more comfortable. Still is not good for me to sleep but a little better. I will keep trying . Diamond77, yep those things are flying off but it’s my hubby who picks them up so he’s in charge of them…haha. Im feeling good this morning, but wish the sleeping situation was better, but I know most here are there with me. Maybe at six weeks I’ll try to get on my side, kinda scary though.
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you’re having a good month and still enjoying steady progress.
Have a nice long holiday weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Rhonda K
 
Thank you Layla! I’m plodding along, not pain free yet and still limp without the cane, but I know from my first replacement I’m a little slow healing but I know il get there. Thanks for the check up and hope you have a good holiday too!
 
Another month has clicked on by and now it’s your three month anniversary. I hope it’s happy and you’re doing well. Have a wonderful week!
@Rhonda K
 
Hey Layla! Time is flying for sure. I’m doing pretty well, but just a tiny bit concerned. I still have the pain bothering me from sitting to standing, and it hurts enough to make me limp those first several steps. By the time I guess it gets loosened up after a short distance it feels pretty good, but not quite enough to say I don’t think about it. The thing is I’ve been here at this place for maybe 5-6 weeks with no improvement. I don’t do my exercises anymore thinking they were making things sore, but still have the same trouble. I’m sure it’s normal and just need to wait it out but will be glad when I at least feel it getting better. But all in all I’m good. Back to a pretty normal life which is always our goal. Hoping to take a road trip in 3 months which I couldn’t of done before surgery. So glad I’m over the worst of it and on my way. Thanks for checking on me!
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary to you!
Hopefully you’ve noticed improvement over the past month since you last updated.
It’s difficult to wait until all feels normal, but I’m guessing you’ll continue to enjoy progress up until your one year anniversary and possibly even beyond.
Take good care and let us know how you fare on your vacation. Safe travels if we don’t hear from you before then, I hope you enjoy!
@Rhonda K
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom