I don't know that you can blame hip problems on years of on and off use of crutches. If they were used properly, it shouldn't have caused a problem for you. More than likely the hip pain you're feeling is a result of just having surgery on your knee recently and the fact that your other knee may have problems as well. I don't imagine your strength and normal gait have returned just yet.
The important thing right now is to get this knee healed and functioning properly. It sounds like things are going well in that aspect. Just be sure you're not trying to push yourself when you have pain. Treat the pain with either icing, meds or a combination of the two. And try to be patient....I know it's difficult when you just want to move on. But you're just slight more than 2 months out from the revision and it may be 6 months or so before that knee really starts feeling normal again.
The important thing right now is to get this knee healed and functioning properly. It sounds like things are going well in that aspect. Just be sure you're not trying to push yourself when you have pain. Treat the pain with either icing, meds or a combination of the two. And try to be patient....I know it's difficult when you just want to move on. But you're just slight more than 2 months out from the revision and it may be 6 months or so before that knee really starts feeling normal again.
United States