Revision TKR Revision RTKR due to laxity in ligament 3rd March 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking the girls to school and back, using the stairs, a little bit of bending and swinging - that's plenty. I agree that you don't need additional PT.
You're doing well.
 
Well done on a wonderful recovery. You're doing ever so well. Fabulous rom @chereb. The surgeon sounds well pleased and how nice that you thanked him x
 
Hiya hope your doing well. Xxx


Angel1978

Thanks Angel

Well still muddling on but the pain in the bottom of my outer leg continues with no sign of a let up. It feels like a pocket of fluid. Does anybody have any idea how i can get rid of it?

Another question i have is why is seated rom different from heel sliding rom?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sad to hear. But hopefully it will ease up. I take Celebrex and it seem to help me with fluid and ice. I got this off amazon and it helps a lot.
Good question on rom. Wish I could answer it. Laying and setting all doc deferent.



ATTACH=full]31249[/ATTACH].


Angel1978
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Revision RTKR due to laxity in ligament 3rd March 2015
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1430316754.231954.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 144
I don't know the answer - but i'd take the better ROM of the two.
If you have a PT who is obsessed with ROM, it's important to be consistent and compare measurements using the same method, otherwise you're comparing apples and pears.

I keep saying that ROM doesn't really matter. It's function - what you can do with your knee - that is important.
 
@Celle just was curious. I have had 115 on heel slide and pushed to 127 on seated. I am very happy how my rom is going as i couldnt get past 90 on heel slides and 110 on seated before my revision. Its just one of those questions that puzzles me lol x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey chereb. How is you doing? Wow I wish I could get that far. That's awesome for you.


Angel1978
 
@Angel1978 im getting there i think (slowly) we fly to Orlando 4 weeks on Friday. 8 hour flight so im trying to work on strength now and hopefully cope with the flight and the airport :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Angel1978 im getting there i think (slowly) we fly to Orlando 4 weeks on Friday. 8 hour flight so im trying to work on strength now and hopefully cope with the flight and the airport :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum



Sounds fun. Have a good trip. You got the slow part right. Seem it's take forever for me. Xxx


Angel1978
 
I saw the pic of your scar. Looks kinda like mine. Maybe a bit bigger. I tell you it's been a long few months from Dec to know. But I am glad that your doing well. I know it's scary at times when we don't know what to expect. Or we fill weird aches and pains. Glad your doing well. Keep up the good work. Xxxx


Faithmitchmommy❤️
 
Thanks @angel 1978
I still have lots of pain at the bottom of my leg. It hurts when i walk. Wish it would go away. X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
When I had my TKR done I had bad shin pain which never went away until I had the revision done. Of course I'm not suggesting that's the same for everybody but for me I remember my tibia was painful just running my finger gently down it. I think sometimes the secondary pain can be disheartening but rest assure in the majority of cases this does settle down.
 
When i was walking a few days ago i seemed to strain the area where the most pain was. (Above the ankle) The strangest thing happened. The pain spread right up the front of my leg to the knee and became a larger area but less painful. I thought it felt lime a pocket of fluid which then spread all over if that makes sense.
Today i actually got up and the knee felt normal. Only for half an hour until it got a little grouchy again but it felt like a big change :-)
I also sort of ran downstairs a bit without thinking. Another good sign i think.
My swelling is getting less all the time and im not finding i need to ice as frequently either. My tkr knee measured 1 cm larger than my real knee and there is still swelling there.
Pre revision my tkr measured up to 10 cm larger right up until the revision.
Going upstairs completely normal now and most of the time downstairs unless its a bit grouchy.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So jelious. My knee grouchy all time. Xxx best of luck.

I have more ache. But I'm glad that your doing good. Me if I would ran down steps lol I been face first.

Shin pain. Leg pain. Ouch ouch. I'm so ready to be done with it.
How is the kids? Do they help you? How is the weather? It's hot hot.



FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Weather is rubbish here @Angel1978

10 week update

I am so happy i had the revision. I really have had a totally different recovery. I was advised it would be tougher than the primary but its actually been easier and my function is better than pre revision. The pain that was constantly there is gone. My knee actually looks similar to my normal knee. Swelling is minimal now.
The downsides are that since the revision my left knee has definitely gotten worse and to add to that im also having a lot of pain in the left hip. The pain from the left knee travels up my thigh and down the bottom and the hip pain travels down the thigh too so its like a double whammy. The pain is actually stopping me from sleeping.
Could the fact of spending the last 6 years on crutches on and off really have caused my left hip to wear?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hope things improve for you... Xxxx my leg often hurts to my hip.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi @chereb the pain you describe in your left knee and hip is what is currently happening to me. I'm praying when I have it replaced next week these issues will resolve themselves. If not then I know there's a further problem x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom