LynetteCly
junior member
- Joined
- Jul 28, 2020
- Messages
- 35
- Age
- 69
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Good morning, yesterday was a week since my surgery. It sure did go fast, all was going well I was starting to walk really well. Then the Pt came and had me do new exercises such as heel raises, mini squats, hip extensions, hip Abductions. Hip/ knee flexion, butt kicks, seated knee bends. Needless to say my knee blew up and was so painful and I couldn’t walk and couldn’t sleep because of the pain. Finally my question is this too much too soon? Trying to recover today rest, ice, elevation. Thanks
That is exactly what happened to me. I had TKR around the time you got your revision. Got new squat/lunge exercises last Monday and was massively swollen and in agony Tuesday. Backed off to just CPM, walking, ice, elevating and it’s 1000% better. So yep, I’d say too much too soon. Hope you’ve bounced back with a more gentle approach.



Thank you. You are such a trooper, you are always in my prayers. I sincerely hope you get the PT and pain relief you deserve. I am here if you ever need to just chat. I love this support group. Each and every moderator has been kind to me helping me get past the awful experiences I have had. The support and love you feel here are extraordinary.