Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Thinking about you, it should get better now. Rest, rest and more rest, then slowly slowy
"Don't forget the tortoise won the race"
 
At least with a PCA the stuff is IV and gets to work fast.
 
I hope you're feeling ok today and not too much pain. Just remember to do all of the things that you've been telling me to do for 4.5 months! Rest well...
 
I hope you're feeling ok today and not too much pain. Just remember to do all of the things that you've been telling me to do for 4.5 months! Rest well...
When I posted on your thread I thought, you are going to need to follow your own advice. LOL
Resting well today, and remembering to hit that PCA!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
I'm sorry that you had to go thru it but the good news its over. Now lots of rest and get that pain controlled. Lots of hugs and prays coming your way. :friends::friends::friends::friends::flwrysmile::console2::console2::console2::console2::puppysmooze: Even Tashia wants to give you some kisses. Tashia and the gang
 
That is great that you can get in and out. :yahoo::spin::cheers: Tashia, and the kids
 
Extra day for blood transfusion was low this am :(


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Better finding it now than when you get home. Remember slowly slowly ice and elevate and you'll get there. Best Wishes
 
It sounds like the revision is much harder than a tkr. No wonder there are specialists that only do them. The transfusion will help you in the long run. I am still working on getting my blood within "normal" levels five months out. I figure it will be good for my right knee which I am doing in September. Will you be going home or do you have to go to rehab?


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
I will be going home, already cleared to go home, local rehab facilities are nightmares.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Glad to hear that Pumpkin. It is always nice to be comfortable at home. Rehab facilities are not great in my area either. If it was necessary the best one is about an hour away from my house. I hope your pain is less today. Take care. JoAnne


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
You are going home already? Wow being home is so much better. Ice, Rest, Elevate and pain control. Tashia and the kids.
 
Not going home until Saturday spent 7+ hours receiving 2 units of blood. Now have to get electrolytes up. Plumbing working well, including solid matter.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
@Josephine I am having respiratory depression with Percocet never had this with Vicodin 5 mg. in hospital so do not know dose of Percocet .
I am thinking I should have Vicodin to go home. BTW I have asthma and bl border line lungs (thanks to childhood second hand smoke exposure.
Sorry for grammar and spelling. Phone is a pain to post.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Gosh Chris, I am sorry to read this. I thought you'd be home by now, resting, icing and elevating. Was the blood transfusion a big surprise or was it something that was considered a possibility early on?

Don't worry, your grammar is just fine...3 days out of surgery, hospital, posting on the phone...you are doing great!
 
Big surprise, I passed PT steps, good balance. Ready to go home and my hematocrit was low, so I have been stuck back. On IV for 10+ hours.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Oh Pumpkin sorry to hear you aren't having the recovery you wanted. Let's hope you get released today.
 
Back
Top Bottom