Revision April 2017 / Fed Up

Prayers that you get the answers you're hoping for @Crisps
I'm sorry this is causing you anxiety.
I hope you receive some reassurance and peace of mind soon.

:hi: @Crisps
Have been wondering if you have been back to surgeon and got some of your concerns clarified?

You have had such a tough time of it.
Please know we care and would love to hear from you.:friends:

@Mojo333 @Layla Hi sorry been quiet for a while, just iceing my swollen areas , seems to be taking an age to settle, never had such swelling before. I go back on the 3rd September to see my consultant. This week been doing more in general, but hardly any power , fatigue sets in really quickly.

@Josephine consultant actually confirmed after he removed the fixation and that it is non-union and he would not be taking me back into theatre . But as you say I will ask him in September what this all means for me.

Again thank you for your messages.

Last edited:
We want you better, Crisps!
Keep the faith!

Hello been a while since I dropped in and worse still not been offering any support to anyone, lost my get-up-and-go.

So all metal work out, consultant was not in clinic at six week post op, his registrar saw me and told me that calcification can set down in the gap formed by the non-union, that it does not show on xray but could and would build up. I said the hip is so weak, that fatigue kicks in really quickly. Finding if I have not got my walking crutch that I will walking.

I decided not to panic but now I am, the pain is increasing as I try and do more, walking is shocking and have no idea what to do next.

The consultant had said after he removed broken metal work, that he would not be taking me back in to theatre. I have had a letter this week to go in for physio for a week. I am going with a long list of questions. I am back to work on phased return but to be really honest I don't think I can carry on, it's to exhausting. For the very first time, I feel at a loss what to do and how to manage.

Then my sister's replacement literally snapped. It's 12 years old, she was in her kitchen making a cup of tea when it went, they could not believe she had not either fallen or been in car accident. The xray is amazing. Then Mum was placed in care by my dad, her dementia went into over drive. It's broken my heart. So feeling overwhelmed.

I will have a read of new posts and try and get back to joining in with you all.

Oh gosh, I’m so sorry for you and your family. Hang in there.

I'm sorry you're experiencing all of this heartbreak and suffering.
I guess I'm not completely understanding the situation with your hip. What do you mean by "all metal work out?" Wondering what next steps are and if you have a time line? Is there a date we can add to your signature?

I don't understand engaging in Physio while you are in ever increasing pain. I wish I understood your situation better. I'm sorry to hear of your sister's misfortune and your mom's dementia. I can understand why you're feeling overwhelmed. Prayers for your healing and peace of mind. And also for your comfort and the comfort of your entire family. We're here for you. :friends:
@Crisps

Oh @Crisps
All of that has to be so overwhelming.
I'm tagging @Josephine so she could please weigh in before your next visit.
I'm sure you are completely depleted emotionally...I don't know what to say, but I'm so sorry and will pray that somehow things will look brighter.
I am in the process of helping my father and stepmother get into an assisted living facility and it is incredibly tough on everyone.
You know I will be thinking of you!

Layla, Mojo333 Thank you for your kind words and support. Sorry the internal fixation plate that was used when I had my hip revision in April 2017, which this year, screws snapped and then the plate kicked out and frayed around the top of the trochanter, this is the metal work I mean, hip replacement still in.

It's when I discovered non-union of the trochanter. Physio is going to be hydrotherapy. They are thinking loads of hospital rest and water support. I will tell them and ask my questions when I get in there, more chance of pinning them down. Well that's what I hope anyway. They don't know the pain has increased. I am guessing it's because I have no power in the hip but only guessing.

Will be keeping you in my thoughts...please let us know what is going on with you....we care!:friends:

@Layla @Mojo333 when this happened. Then the top claw like bit all split and frayed , sticking in me.

crisps.jpg

Glad they got that out of there!:flabber:
Looks horribly painful to me!
I do so hope they can find away to make you comfortable, my friend.
:beg:

Aww, Crisps, just looking at the x-ray one can imagine how painful it was.
Will look forward to Jo's opinion and advice on all.
I wish you comfort as you wait for answers and pray for resolution so you're able to move forward without pain.
Big hugs to you, dear lady :console2:
@Crisps

Only problem I can see is a broken screw. @Crisps you needs to show me a lateral film

@Josephine Hi it's ok, you have already seen this xrays months ago and supported me with speaking with consultant about none union trochanter, post 27th July. I only popped this xray up in reply to someone else question from my post on 15th October .

The registrar said calcification will fill the gap but it will not show on xray at early stage, yet consultant had said fibrous tissue will form. Basically it's none union of the trochanter so what does this mean for me long term.?

Hi @Crisps:wave:
Will be interested in Josephine's response.
You certainly have had a time of things.
Hope you haven't been terribly uncomfortable.:praying:
Wishing you a good weekend!:console2:

consultant had said fibrous tissue will form
Fibrous tissue is much like gristle that we get in a roasted joint! It's not firm - it's soft and bendable. Not ideal to fix a fracture.
Basically it's non-union of the trochanter so what does this mean for me long term.?
It means you will have bad function of your hip, probably with limping and poor gait.

Thank you @Josephine My walk and gait is shocking. I rock all over the place, fatigued sets in so quickly and pain increases as the day goes on unless I stop doing things. Josephine, I am now out of all options with the consultant saying he will not take me back into theatre . . .?

I have returned to work phased return but as I build up to 22hrs I'm really really struggling. I love my job but can't carry on like this as I must be putting to much strain on my joints and my back.

This group is smashing for enabling us to ask questions, as it's so hard finding like minded people, who are NOT moaning but need some guidance and support and a friendly wave

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
dkhip1
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom