Revision April 2017 / Fed Up

Hi there, friend.
I do hope you are hanging in there and that work hasn't been too hard on you.
Wishing you a good weekend!:SUNsmile:
 
Hi Crisps, :wave:
I'm sorry you're still suffering so.
Prayers you can find some resolution to your pain soon.
I hope you have a peaceful weekend.
Big Hugs to you! :console2:
@Crisps
 
I will tell them and ask my questions when I get in there, more chance of pinning them down.
If you are planning to tell all this to the physios, I doubt you'll get any good information! This is because a) they are not permitted to discuss the surgery in detail - that's a doctor's job and b) they probably won't know anyway!
consultant found the wire at the top of the plate, had split into many sharp points, he explained like a thick cable , splitting into smaller wires
Ah, I get it now! Those wires, though they look like one solid wire in the xray, are actually braided to increase strength and flexibility/

[Bonesmart.org] Revision April 2017 / Fed Up


@Josephine consultant actually confirmed after he removed the fixation and that it is non-union and he would not be taking me back into theatre
Well that's a possibility of course and I sincerely hope it works for you. You could do with a good outcome!
 
Not posted for a long time , but feel in need of some hip frustration off load . So right hip has resulted in finishing work , awaiting replacement found a surgeon as sadly my consultant no longer available . The issues stem from all the surgeries on left hip with a revision a few years back but still weak and not pulling its wait , so finding a surgeon who can accommodate the weak left side without being to concerned to replace the right. Now waiting for surgery date a long wait due to covid and long lists, been waiting 18 months so a while to go yet. Today both hips screaming at me so another day stuck in the house and a cry as nothing helping.
off load done thank you .
 
Oh @Crisps I am sorry to read this. I can't even imagine how frustrated you must feel.

Best wishes and a prayer that your wait isn't as long as you fear it will be.
 
oh, @Crisps
I really hate that you are hurting....
That is a very long wait.:sad:

I merged your new thread so we could keep your story all in one place but if you would rather have a new thread title, do let us know.

I hope something comes through that enables them to deem this a situation that needs more immediate attention.
Not sure if @Jaycey has any suggestions about how to press the right buttons for UK?

You can off load here any time!:console2:
 
Not sure if @Jaycey has any suggestions about how to press the right buttons for UK?
Unfortunately this wait lists are just terrible now. Are you actually on the list - have they confirmed this? And this is for RTHR - correct?
 
Hi Jay
Not sure if @Jaycey has any suggestions about how to press the right buttons for UK?
Unfortunately this wait lists are just terrible now. Are you actually on the list - have they confirmed this? And this is for RTHR - correct?
hi yes on the list and yes for RTHR in Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt hospital. Been going there for 40 years but as a Welsh patient I usually have to wait longer depending on funding from Wales. Just feeling frustrated . Have purchased a E-trike which gets me out but not at the moment just to cold. anyway thanks for your reply.
 
@Crisps Well you are certainly in the right place for joint replacement surgery. Current wait times according to the NHS site is 14 weeks. But if you are talking about areas negotiating the funding, that can slow things down.

Bottom line - please know that surgeons are working very hard to reduce wait times. Lots of extra slots being added to address patients who they know are living in pain.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom