Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Revision again

Biopsy came back as no cancer thank goodness
That's great news! :yes!: :happydance: :yay: :dancy:

He said I’m meeting they noticed quad is detached and that’s what the mass is
I wonder if they'll be able to reattach your quad?

We had one other person, several years ago now, whose quad was detached, but his was caused by an aggressive PT therapist who was too rough with forcing his exercises.
 
So glad to hear they can do something that may help. Also not cancer. Thank goodness
 
Thank God it's not cancer! What a relief you must be feeling. Now, to get that quad attached. Hopefully, they can get you in quickly and fixed.
 
Update : had genicular block under anesthesia this morning . Pain is a little better . Hss ( Hospital for Special Surgery) called shortly after . He said the big meeting about my case is next week. They are going to discuss my case in full and discuss surgical options. He said I have a very tough case. They will be using my case as research . Said I am only case this has happened to a younger patient . Not an award I want ugh! Will update after they meet and let me know .
 
I hope that the surgeons' discussion about your case brings up some ideas that will help you.
I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing something positive - I'm hoping that so much, but probably not as much as you are. :friends:
 
I been having severe pain under knee cap since block . Is this normal?
 
I don't believe the block should cause any new pain like this for you. I suggest you contact the doctor who did the block or your surgeon and let them know about it.

I'm glad the cancer reading was negative. What a relief. It sounds like you are in good hands with HSS.
 
Hello everyone : I was admitted into hospital from Saturday until today . My wbc was 19,000 and I was in extreme pain . They are thinking I had a reaction to the block. Xrays showed some slight loosening in my tibia . They did mri they mass grew from 5.8 cm to 7.3 cm since July . They are thinking it’s a vascular hemangioma. But at this point aren’t sure because it’s still growing . Still waiting from report from hss complicated committee
 
:console2:Hugs and prayers that they will be able to fix this. I’m so sorry you’re in so much pain and this TKR experience just goes on and on. :console2:
 
Oh my goodness, that is just awful. Don't you just love to hurry up and wait, not. I'm sure your anxious for some answers. Thinking about you.
 
Good Heavens! What complications. You poor thing. Sending good wishes across the sea
 
Thinking of you and hoping that the committee comes up with something to help you. I hope you're feeling a bit better. :console2:
 
This all is mind boggling to me and the doctors . I called dr yesterday for update said they meet earlier in the week and can take 2 weeks for the formal report . Ugh ! I am in so much pain I can’t take much more :(
 
Ugh ! I am in so much pain I can’t take much more :(
:console2:

Does HHS have an emergency room? Maybe that would get the ball rolling a bit faster. Have they given you any pain medication?
 
@Jockette I wish they did but they don’t . Pain management just upped my Percocet to 7.5 but it isn’t helping . Between my patella and mass pain it’s killing me . While I was in hospital they were in touch with hss .
 
I'm so sorry to hear you must try and wait patiently for TWO WEEKS! How frustrating....and especially since no one seems to be able to help you control your pain. My heart is with you as you wait. I pray these doctors can put the entire puzzle together for you and start to get things fixed. (((HUGS)))
 
@Jamie thank you hun . This is so tough. I see pain dr on Wednesday. My wbc is still high 16,000. Primary called me today had me go to er she really thinks it’s infected but er dr said I must be stressed ugh ! She ordered a 3 phase scan and wbc scan so I have to wait for insurance to Authorize
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom