Revision TKR Revision again

I had xray today . There are signs of tibial loosening and she said my patella has gotten very low . It won’t let me upload X-ray from phone
 
That's okay - I suggested you do that! However, I'm afraid the xrays are inadequate as they don't show the whole of the prostheses in any of them. I need to see the very end of the implant, like this

[Bonesmart.org] Revision again
 
Ok @Josephine i will try to upload the disk from work tomorrow I did get the report it says the patella is inferiorly displaced
 
Hi all giving an update I was waiting for a maverick mri . What they found isn’t sitting well with me .

Findings : there is noted patella Baja , a lobulated soft tissue mass is located at the anterolateral aspect of the distal thigh, that appears to be within the Vastus laterius muscle . Measuring at 5.8 cm in length and 2.5 cm in width . It may reflect an intramuscular Hemangioma. A dedicated MRI of thigh or ultrasound is recommended.
 
Josephine will come talk to you, but she’s not always on here every day.

When I saw you had a new update I was so hoping for really good news. I don’t understand reports like that so I can’t comment, other than that my thoughts are with you. :console2:
 
I go to hss in Manhattan today ( Hospital For Special Surgery) . I don't know what this report means. How does a mass get there. Ugh so many questions. Will update after appointment
 
I'm sorry, Pat.

Patella Baja is this Patella Baja or dropped patella
A 'lobulated soft tissue mass' sounds very like PVNS: Pigmented villonodular synovitis
An hemangioma is a mass or ganglion is a noncancerous lump that most commonly develop around the tendons, ligaments, muscles or joints, most commonly in the wrists or hands. They are typically round or oval and are filled with a jellylike fluid and can contain a number of tiny blood vessels/capillaries which is how they get called hemangioma - the 'hem' part means 'extra blood vessels'.
But none of this is sinister (malignant) and while they can be annoying or troublesome, they don't necessarily require treatment.

Hope this helps.
 
I saw HSS yesterday. He was very nice and concerned. He ordered a ultrasound for the mass and ultrasound guided aspiration. He said he is concerned about the sudden loss of ROM.

He said he thinks mass can possibly be a infection brewing but wants to rule it out.

Said I have a tough case but they like tough. He will present my case to all their doctors after results come back. He said I will need another surgery. Also stated I may have athrofibrosis that is genetically.


Also so sorry to hear you need a revision @Josephine I feel your pain :(
 
Well, at least he gets two points for being more thorough. I know this is awful to have to deal with, but it sounds like the doctor is making every effort to get to the bottom of things as quickly as possible. Hang in there, hon! You're one tough cookie.:console2:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom