Revision TKR Revision again

Pat, how wonderful to hear from you! And what great news you had to share. I've been wondering and hoping that things had improved for you and they have! Thank you so much for the update.
 
Ah Pat, that is great! You are finally on the road to recovery! That extension is fabulous! Don't worry about your bend. It will come the more you use it!
 
I am SO excited to hear this!! :loveshwr:
 
Absolutely fabulous news! So very happy for you, Pat! :yay:
 
I am happy for you too, it is so hard when there are problems---it seems like everyone else is dancing on day five while you are struggling. It is nice to see you move forward.

After my open lysis of adhesions, my doc really stressed that if I exercised a hot, inflamed leg, I would cause more adhesions to form. So, three weeks with just heel slides and leg lifts---lots of icing and elevation. Then 3 weeks of table exercises---quad sets, leg lifts, clam shells. I could not do standing exercises until my knee had no swelling and was not warm.

It took forever and I was so impatient--but my PT kept saying---look if we do this we will know that we did all that we could to prevent the adhesions from reforming.

I have had no issues with adhesions since the surgery and after 8 weeks, I began to exercise the knee.
 
just an update I am doing great! who would have thought lol. I am now walking without assistance! rom is -2/100. still having issues bending but thats ok
What wonderful news! :happydance: :yes!: :yay: :spin: :dancy: :flwrysmile:
I'm so pleased for you.
Thank you for coming back and letting us know.
 
So good to hear that through perseverance you finally found the help you needed and that you are doing so well!
:yes!::flwrysmile::yay::yay::yahoo:
 
That's wonderful news. After all you've been through, you certainly deserve it!!
 
Update : from last update to 5 weeks ago I was wonderful 0/110. Woke up 2 weeks ago and it was a gone . I woke up to lacking 20. I’m struggling I don’t get it
 
Oh, I’m so sorry this goes on and on for you. :console2::console2:

I’ll tag @Josephine
 
Revision specialist is mind boggled. I am so depressed from all this
 
I’m sure you are. :console2:I so wish we could fix this for you.
 
Os has me back in Pt . They don’t get it either. I just don’t understand only thing I did was work and drive .
 
And what did that involve?
I'm just trying to help here, Pat.
 
Seems like there should be a process to fully stretch out the quads and hammies before any MUA.
There is...time and gentle daily activity movements. Why keep inflaming an already inflamed knee? Getting that inflammation down will ease up those movements. But, all this takes time. Trying to speed up the healing process by aggressive PT just slows it down.
I went to work . I didn’t do anything extreme . It’s 45 minute drive
Something changed inside your knee to make it loss bend in one night. The vast majority of the time it's swelling that causes that lower bend. If you had it once, it'll come back when the fluid is out of your knee. Please be patient.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom