Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Revision again

Prayers and good thoughts come your way for everything to get better now. Time to heal.
 
Thank you everyone. I’m home now and doing better. I’m still in some pain but that is expected. Os keeps apologizing because this has never happened before. Told him it’s ok things happen. Restarting recovery kind of sucks but god has a plan for all of us.
 
I’m glad you’re feeling a little better. What a long haul you’ve had. :console2:

Has the drain piece been there in your knee from the first surgery or this last?

This is one reason I personally disagree with doing PT. They want us to do all those exercises, that Bonesmart says is not necessary, and yet if there’s a problem with the knee all those exercises just make it even worse and until the problem is discovered and corrected those exercises just make things worse.

Your poor knee has had so much done to it! I pray you have a good recovery from here on out.
 
@Jockette the drain is from the revision. os said he never seen anything like this happen. I am glad he did the X-rays and saw it. before my post op appointment i was in extreme pain and that was the cause because i am in pain but not as bad as i was. he said i was in the emergency surgery for 3 hours. he took the drain piece out, cleaned it out and washed it out. pain is getting better its going to be a long road for the recovery but will be worth it.
 
I'm glad you're home again and starting to feel a bit better. With all this over, I hope that you can have a new year with a much improved knee.

It's very forgiving of you to tell your surgeon that it's OK about the piece of drain being left in your incision.
Next time you see him, though, do make sure that he has taken some action:
  • The person who removed the drain needs to be made aware that she/he should always measure the drain, to make sure that all of it has been removed, and
  • The manufacturer of the drain needs to be informed that part of it broke off - it could be a design fault that needs to be rectified, so no one else suffers the same accident.
Best wishes for a trouble-free recovery from now on. :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
@Celle I agree with you. The pa that pulled it out was made aware. Os said he was going to contact the manufacturer to let them know of the faulty product since then they removed the stock from the or. I’m just glad it was fixed. I sure was shocked when I saw that X-ray . Os couldn’t believe his eyes. He acted quickly and I was immediately admitted.
 
I'm glad to hear that your surgeon took the appropriate actions.
It's a bit of a horror story that you wouldn't wish on anyone.

However, it's over now and you can look forward to a smoother recovery. :loveshwr:
 
Foreign objects in an already compromised joint sounds extremely uncomfortable. So glad your OS jumped on it.
 
So glad you are home. Now you can get your life back again.
 
You are on the road to a much better year! Your forgiveness is wonderful and shows that you are an amazing young woman!
 
Good luck tomorrow @patsortho. I may be having a MUA later this month and will be interested in hearing how it goes for you.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Oh no. Since we hadn't heard from you, I thought you were doing well. I am so sorry it's not so. I pray tomorrow goes good for you.
 
Good luck with the MUA. For me, it worked and I have been able to achieve a 125 bend. Deep Tissue Massage and Deep Muscle Massage addresses my tight quads and my IT band issue.
 
You poor thing, you have been through so much. I’m sorry to hear they are going to do an MUA. Your knee must be so upset with all that’s been done to it!
:console2:
 
My knee is angry for sure. I do see a difference since my revision. I’m not hitting 90 like os wants . And knee isn’t straight .
 
I just went through bilateral MUA Feb 2nd. I Was scared but it went fine. Today is day 3 after MUA, a little more sore today but feeling very hopeful about getting better ROM soon. Pain has been very tolerable. Good luck to all
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom