- Joined
- Jun 26, 2017
- Messages
- 47,904
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Hi @Fiona444
I'll bet going back to work was an adjustment. Hopefully you can get the rest you need once you're home for the day. At only two months post op it's still early recovery.
This is where we all differ. At two months post op and actually many months beyond that, my new hip remained pretty much in the forefront of my mind. Possibly your surgeon senses your free-spirit and is trying to reel it in a bit, as the possibilities he's suggests are real. I don't walk around thinking about infection everyday, but at only two months post op I was still pretty conscientious about my movement. Once my surgeon's PA reminded me early on that our prosthetic is not like our natural hip and will never match our natural hip...I gained a little more respect for it, lol.
I'm sorry to hear about hubs. I'm sure it is worrisome for both of you. Hopefully all turns out well next week.
Prayers and good thoughts to that end.
Hugs
I'll bet going back to work was an adjustment. Hopefully you can get the rest you need once you're home for the day. At only two months post op it's still early recovery.
I am used to moving just about normally now and it is not always in the forefront of my mind.
This is where we all differ. At two months post op and actually many months beyond that, my new hip remained pretty much in the forefront of my mind. Possibly your surgeon senses your free-spirit and is trying to reel it in a bit, as the possibilities he's suggests are real. I don't walk around thinking about infection everyday, but at only two months post op I was still pretty conscientious about my movement. Once my surgeon's PA reminded me early on that our prosthetic is not like our natural hip and will never match our natural hip...I gained a little more respect for it, lol.
I'm sorry to hear about hubs. I'm sure it is worrisome for both of you. Hopefully all turns out well next week.
Prayers and good thoughts to that end.
Hugs





. After those first couple of horrid weeks you've zoomed this recovery! You are out with your pooches
and enjoyed a nice holiday. You can stand proud and tall and support hubs through his momentary issues, which I do hope are just temporary and will all be resolved soon. Time to celebrate, but there's even more good healing stuff to come.
. I was sorta sensitive to various comments at 2 months as you know. Perhaps it's a time to take a breath and relax a bit on the recovery road. Ohmmmmmm. Sending hugs. 
I am catching up on your thread, look at you go! Or rather, I should say look at you walk!!
Thank you for all your comments they are lovely and do really help with my mindset

