THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

:goodpost: @Fiona444 ! You must be so happy to get back to that level of walking.
I know just what you mean about getting into the car normally. I was simply amazed to realise that I had just got into the car without having to heave my right leg in with both hands! I had been doing this for at least 12 months.
 
My goal is to walk 10 miles in one go before the year is out.

That will be a breeze for you reading what you have achieved already. I used a stick outside until week 6 (so much much slower progress than you) but was doing 10 mile walks by month 4 and could do 20 by month 5. At month 6 went up Helvellyn and Scafell Pike comfortably. I am sure you will reach your goal several months early.
 
@Fiona444 you are doing soooo well! And you're a hedge hog rescuer to boot!
Those pictures were adorable. Reminds me of my farm years, and people would drop off their dogs and leave then in the ditch, the poor things would try to run after them, I was always driving up and saving them. How anyone could be so heartless? But you think this man was helping it out of the road so we will give him a pass!
Your recovery must have you smiling from ear to ear. I know it has me smiling from ear to ear! :egypdance: @Elf1 is so correct, what a difference a week or two can make, in fact sometimes it's a difference in just a day or two.
I love that you have goals.. goals are nice. Keep on trucking, girl!! you got this! :flwrysmile:
 
Oh that sounds horrible @CricketHip ! I just cannot believe how some folk treat their animals. Like a disposable item. It breaks my heart!

I am delighted with my recovery. I guess I am one of the ones that likes to document and doesn't just disappear when things are going well. Pre op I did worry about all the problems i read about as the majority of posters did seem to have them but I guess the others were just getting on and not feeling the need to update.

@HertsHippy I used to live in Hertfordshire. Harpenden to be precise :) I am impressed with your mileage and climbing!! That is one thing I am not good at. I tried Ben Nevis a few years back and had to give up. Just couldnt keep up with the group I went with. You must be very fit! Its wonderful to see hipsters pushing the boundaries so thank you for sharing.

Going to try and post a couple of pics of my nurses/exercise guru's :dancy:
 
This is Casey Jones :loveshwr:
[Bonesmart.org] Review after 1 year - is it necessary?
 
What beautiful dogs @Fiona444 ! Adorable! am not surprised that you are so proud of them. Fen looks so pleased with his medal! Have you had them both from pups?
 
What beautiful dogs @Fiona444 ! Adorable! am not surprised that you are so proud of them. Fen looks so pleased with his medal! Have you had them both from pups?

Can you tell that I am besotted :heehee: Yes, we have always taken in older rescues before and when my mum died we took in her dog who although got on with ours would not accept any other dogs. So when our oldies passed we decided to try with pups which she was fine with. Casey is not a rescue as we couldnt find a rescue pup at the time. Fen is from the RSPCA and was the last remaining pup in the litter they had rescued.
 
What adorable pooches, @Fiona444, and they seem like wonderful walking companions. No wonder it's great to get out and about with them for a long stroll. Hope you had a great weekend, and so thrilled for you that your remarkable recovery continues--and good on you for still posting and giving so many others hope that, yes, there is life after hip replacement surgery and it's all good! Happy Monday!
 
What adorable pooches, @Fiona444, and they seem like wonderful walking companions. No wonder it's great to get out and about with them for a long stroll. Hope you had a great weekend, and so thrilled for you that your remarkable recovery continues--and good on you for still posting and giving so many others hope that, yes, there is life after hip replacement surgery and it's all good! Happy Monday!

And in the words of @julesglass "its all good, even when its not" :heehee:

Thank you, they are my pride and joy and fantastic company. I simply cannot brood and stay indoors with these two around :roseshwr:
 
Aww, love them! Your furry pals are so cute, Fiona.
Ebony and Ivory, lol.
Bet they love having you for their master with all the great walks they get each day.
Have a lovely week with the pooches!
@Fiona444
 
So glad about that recovery of yours. I was a big walker too but slowed down in the advanced stages of OA. That you are walking 6.5 miles a day is stupendous and it helps when you are not alone and have the fur friends to keep you motivated. I am at a setback but really take joy and motivation and hope in everyone's journey. Bravo to you Fiona444.
 
Hi, @Fiona444 I don't have dogs but I have two active grandkids with me today so maybe I'll be getting out there and walking some today. Wish I liked walking more, it's not a "habit" with me the way it is with you both pre and post-surgery. I do agree that when I can steel myself to do it, getting outside in the sunshine and fresh air has both a physical and mental good effect. But here I am in my bathrobe and no further along in my day. Sigh. Have a good one!
 
Love love love your fur babies! I know how those sad eyes pull you out for walkies:dogwalk:walkies :dogwalk:and more walkies! :dogwalk:

Thanks for posting the good times as well as the not so good. Although you seem to only have had bad times long long ago...you're rockin this recovery!
 
@Barbaraj I agree, sometimes it can be hard to motivate ourselves to move but the benefits when we do are huge. I hope you got out with your grandkids and had a lovely time :walking:

@Calgal thank you. I am bursting with pride here :loveshwr:Yes, the eyes get me every time. This morning it was for toast. My lovely brekkie that they insisted on sharing :heehee: Gosh yes, the bad times seem a long time ago and I must admit I felt I would never be out of pain and wondered why on earth I had agreed to the op! I am glad my positive postings are helpful. I certainly do not want to come across as someone who experience ZERO issues and could walk/run/abseil/sky dive and climb mount everest from the get go :rotfl: as it really is not the case.

Off today on a little break where hopefully lots of walking will be done in the Norfolk countryside. The weather is going to be gorgeous but hoping it is not too hot for my pups. We will get up early and go out I think.

Little victory here, I shaved my legs without the extender on my razor :wowspring:
 
Great update and so happy you are getting out for a nice sojourn...with smooth legs.:happydance:

Onward and upward @Fiona444 :egypdance:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom