TKR Resistance is Futile

What is everyone doing for the healing itches under the bandage.

I see OS tomorrow for post op. I know they will be taking off the silver bandage. No staples got glued.




01/24/17 LTKR, then RTKR
 
I found that bending the knee a little bit back and forth helped mine. I remember how miserable it was! You just want to dig in there and scratch! Good luck at your OS visit tomorrow.
 
@sisterinhim- Thanks. Bending the knee is best solution I've found. Works 90% of the time especially if I push the range limit a few seconds longer. Using to get ROM .

Had a great post op with OS' PA. Cleared to get back on all herbs since I'm off blood thinners and only on Tylenol. Couple days and I should have good handle on pain control with herbs.


01/24/17 LTKR, then RTKR
 
Finally got my quad & hamstring to fire to the point of being able to do leg lift.

Man it felt wonderful!!

I still have a massive bruise around my upper thigh from the tournicuff. Bruise has been more painful and swollen than knee.

Been working on relearning to walk properly with new alignment.


01/24/17 LTKR, then RTKR
 
Excellent! Its all progress.
 
Yippee! You can now lift your leg! You're seeing progress! Even teeny, tiny baby steps feel so good!
 
It has been awhile since my last post. Good thing I like amusement rides. This has been quite a roller coaster.

Right now I am on my first outdoor bicycle ride and it is WONDERFUL!!!![emoji1]

Been inside on bike trainer doing my own PT by lower seat. Now at 120.

Things I've learned:

BoneSmart experts know what they are talking about. Don't push the ROM to pain only minor discomfort even then only to the edge.

Ice is a wonderful treatment.

Compression sleeves are a lifesaver for both knees. Made me feel human at the end of work day.

Learning how to walk with new knee is very humbling.

Use Physical Therapists to help get the gate correct and DON'T let them induce pain.

While ROM comes with time I still need to GENTLY work at it.

Massage on the quads (both) works miracles.

I am finally glad I did this even without pain medication.

Almost looking forward to getting the next one done.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad it's all going so well for you now. Thank you for letting us know.
 
Very informative post. This will help a lot people!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom