Guest viewing is limited

report bugs or problems, please

Rich....any luck finding out if we can get a report that shows Jo's and my time online by the day/week/month???
 
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home/bonesmart/public_html/public_forum/includes/functions_search.php on line 196
 
Grrr! Twice I've tried to post a thread after loggin in, and both times it wouldn't let me. Message came up that I wasn't allowed to post a thread as I wasn't logged in. I've been trying to post my knee 'journey to the other side' and I keep losing everything I enter as I cannot retrieve the page once I try to 'submit'. I definitely know I'm logged on when I post.

What is going on? I have posted successfully before, on a different PC (my work PC). I'm now using my brand new HP laptop at home.
I'm using MS Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385 64-bit edition.
 
Pawan...I'll tag Rich and maybe he can offer some suggestions for you. Can you post on other threads? Is the problem just when you're trying to start a new thread? @RichardRobins:
 
Thank you Richard, but my IE is set to delete/clear all history/cookies on exit. But, I've just cleared them again as per your suggestion.

I think the issue may be related to the time it takes for me to enter my new thread - is there a 'time out' setting on this forum? I was entering a fairly long post, with some interruptions for phone calls, bathroom breaks, etc. By the time I got around to submitting the new thread my session could have 'timed out'. If there is a time out setting, is there any way to alert the user to when this is about to happen? I am going to try to enter my post in Notepad then copy it into the Knee Post-Op form 'in one go' so as to avoid any potential time out issues. All posts I've successfully submitted have been fairly short ones, so never had the problem I've just experienced (being told I'm not logged on when I try to submit, thereby losing all data just entered).
 
To my knowledge there is no "time out" clock imbedded in BoneSmart. The length of your post should not matter. But, there were some problems with the server that have just been fixed, so I encourage you to give it another try. Let me know how it goes!!
 
Jamie - I do get timed out if I am logged on for a period of time and inactive.

Pawan - I posted this on another thread but a suggestion - if you are writing what might be considered a long post and you know you may get interupted or need to take a break - write it in Word or notepad on your PC. Then when you are ready copy and paste the text on the forum. That way you don't risk the time out and you have time to get your thoughts together.

Just a suggestion :wink:
 
That's interesting, Jaycey. I'm going to check with Rich to see if that should be happening and what the time limit is. It doesn't happen to me, but that could be because of my moderator status.

@RichardRobins: Rich....is there a "time out" limit for members logged in to BoneSmart? If so, what is it? Back before I was a mod, I used to log in once and never relog in again. I would just open and close the forum using a toolbar icon I created. I don't recall ever getting timed out. But things could have been changed as that would have been over 2 years ago.
 
Jamie - did you ever find out how long we have before a time out? Maybe if members know the limit they can plan their posting time.

Thanks!
 
Hi Richard, I always use firefox so I am not sure what is happening. Will try Explorer and see if it happens there as well.
 
Well, then, Jaycey....it would seem from Rich's post that BoneSmart itself doesn't have a time out feature imbedded in the site. I will be interested to know if there is a difference when you use Explorer.

As I said before, it has never happened to me and I have gone off and accidentally left BoneSmart on the screen for hours. My browser is AOL which, if there are ever going to be problems....AOL usually has them!
 
Could also be a router timeout, does it happen at any other forums etc you're part of?
 
Re: I Started My physical Therapy Today!

Well, this is the first chance that I had today to get on BoneSmart. After writing about 4 or 5 paragraphs "POOF" my whole post disappeared ...
 
So here we still are! I copied this post into here so the poster isn't partaking.

@RichardRobins:
 
that sounds like a javascript related error (more browser than site related) are you on any other vbulletin forums? does the same error happen there?
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom