Guest viewing is limited

report bugs or problems, please

No worries - we worked out something for ourselves!
 
I know I recently posted on hip replacement recovery to "gnd1961" about no weight bearing thread and it is not there, again! I can't remember when i posted, but I think it was on the first day that they started the thread...this has happened to me a few times now...:hissy:
 
Was your post on that thread there at one time, Janet?
 
Ok, this is insane. Jamie, I replied to your post the day you asked, and NOW it's not here!

Also, I just wnt on ths "Social" column and EVERYTHING was mixed up! There was a thread by Peta about wine and 2am on the bottom, and the "pictures, family, anything" thread at the top was on about 4 differnt spots...

Have i gone completely mad???
 
Janet...I saw your reply but it was in another thread. So I think that is where the confusion is with that issue.

As to the Social Forum index page (I think that's what you're talking about), I'm not completely understanding what you're saying was wrong. If it was that the threads were ordered in an odd way on the listing, you can order them chronologically by clicking on the little arrow by the heading of the column. If they appear wrong, try clicking on that and re-ordering the threads. It's a small blue (triangle) arrow to the right of the word "Date" in the gold toolbar.
 
I have just noticed that many of the images members are posting via photobucket have been deleted and replaced with a box that says "image or video has been moved or deleted".

There is one example on this thread (post 202). The first time I noticed this was on Jo's snow thread.

Not sure how we can get around this but it looks a bit messy with all these notices in the threads.
 
oops! I just deleted my Photobucket account! Oh brother! What have I done?

Can you post links to the missing images as you find them? And I'll recreate them.
 
Jo - it's every thread with a wink smilie and a thumbsup smilie! There are tons!

Do you know which smilies came out of that account? We would need to recreate every thread containing those.

Think the hissy smilie is one as well!
 
There were 28 smilies removed! But I can't figure this because they were uploaded directly from my computer, not via PB. In fact, the ones on PB were uploaded from my PC as well! I have no idea how come removing them from PB has affected here. Very strange!
 
I just posted a fairly long message in my "went to the pain clinic" thread and it disappeared, AGAIN! I was still typing when it happened...:sgh:
 
Did you try the back button?

Hopefully these problems will be history shortly - the upgrade to the website is on 19th and the forum shortly after.
 
Either that one or the back button on your browser.

I've had my posts Time Out a few times today and the immediate response is "Oh NO!" But if you back button on the browser a couple of times, the post is still there waiting to be submitted.

But if the text disappears but not the page, the back button I showed in my previous post would work better.
 
frustrating.....composed a long, new post and thread in the mis/robotics forum. Proof read the post and hit "post". Everything went blank and got an error message that page could not be displayed. My fault?? Or system?? Anyway to retrieve it? I'm trying to chronicle my upcoming mis anterior thr.

thanks
 
So sorry that happened, Jack. Sometimes you can retrieve it by hitting the "back" button immediately before doing anything else. Are you working on a laptop with a touchpad?
 
I have retrieved them before by going back, but I always copy before I hit send now, just in case.
 
I have been through phases of doing that. Got to say, I've had a page or two fail to load and give me an error message.

Do you use a laptop or a desktop?
 
Hi Josephine and Jamie

I use a desktop with many more features than Im capable of using. ( my intro to computers was an IBM main frame with punch cards and Fortran 2..we wrote our own programs. There after I always had some bright young Technician do it for me). My recent problem was probably my fault.

I'm re-composing my thread and will post soon

Thanks:egdnc:
 
Well, I asked because some members have made the same complaint but didn't realise they were touching the touch pad on their lappy which was probably responsible for the disappearance. We've advised that using undo button can often restore accidentally deleted text.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom