TKR Red dots...Do I have an allergy to my TKR??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update Mimi! What good knee news, your boat sounds like a lot of fun!

And congrats on the expanding family! You have all been through a lot and are still blessed! Congrats and when the new babies arrive, maybe post a pic!

Be well and stay in touch,

Dawn
 
Mimi, I finally caught up on thread. I'm so happy to hear that you will be able to get off of the prednisone in Oct.. I was on prednisone and Plaquenil when I was first diagnosed with arthritis at 50 years old. I felt like wonder woman with that stuff, but when I was weened off of prednisone several months later I was back to square one. You are so right though it is a miracle curse drug. Plaquenil didn't seem to do the trick for me so I shortly got off of that too. I so happy to hear that these drugs are doing the trick for you.

My goodness 6 grandbabies in 6years, how wonderful! Has your new grandbaby girl arrived yet! If you can post some pictures of your new arrival.

Stay well my friend!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mimi, has the baby arrived yet? Congratulations on all the wonderful baby love! I'm sorry to see you've been diagnosed with Lupus. I should familiarize myself with it better. My grandmother was diagnosed with it when I was in college, I had never heard of it. I guess it can be genetic, so I should know. That's great that you are doing so well with it, and also that your knees are doing so well. I read your update talking about even with the horrible first year you had, you are so glad you had it done. That's a great testimonial!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks for all the kind thoughts, Dawn,Jacky and Janet.

I just got home from visiting and helping out with the new grandbaby! She was born June 2, at 3:45 am. It was a very long labor 26 hours and a big baby 9lbs. 1 oz and 21.4" long. Took 3 hours of pushing!!!My daughter had open heart surgery for a very rare condition almost 2 years. A pregnancy before the surgery meant death, so we are so grateful for the wonderful Drs that made this happen. Dr. said her heart was strong as well she was very strong and could have pushed 2 more hours. But he suctioned her at the end to avoid any stress on the baby.

Her name is Finley Rose and she has a full head of long dark hair and blue eyes. I will post some pictures tomorrow.
 
Congratulations! Glad all is well, I remember well when your daughter was going through the heart surgery. I am thrilled to hear she is now the Mother of a healthy baby girl.
 
I'm happy to hear your daughter did well with the delivery, even though it was long! The miracle of modern medicine!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 

Hope I can get these pictures posted.
I
[Bonesmart.org] Red dots...Do I have an allergy to my TKR??


@Dhare63,@Jacky48, @Janet2012, @pumpkin
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Red dots...Do I have an allergy to my TKR??
    20140603_171524.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 194
  • [Bonesmart.org] Red dots...Do I have an allergy to my TKR??
    one week.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 198
Last edited by a moderator:
OMG... What a sweetie! I'm with Kelly, that pink tutu adorable! Congratulations! And thanks for post the pictures. they put a smile on my face this morning!
 
I have had a major setback with Lupus. I spent most of last week in the hospital, taking blood every 5 hours from these already comprised veins.:groan:
I saw numerous Dr. and it was finally decided that I was not bleeding internally. However, it was decided that my bone marrow was not producing sufficient red blood cells and that the vasculitis/lupus was attacking what red blood cells I had prematurely.

Solutions are to go off Imuran, then up my prednisom to high dose (just when I almost was off of it), or blood transfusions. I continue to feel tired with a strange stomach.And I am into my first big "flair". So far it is fevers every day and sweats. :sad:
 
Oh Mimi, I'm so sorry to here this! I hope they get it under control and you find a way to live with this in some tolerable way!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Mimi, I am so sorry to hear about this. I have Sjogren's syndrome, so relate to the autoimmune issues. I hope that this flair settles down soon.
 
So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, Mimi.....my prayers are with you. (((HUGS))))
 
Mimi,
Sorry to hear this, I hope you are feeling better soon.
(((((HUGS)))))
 
Hi Mimi,

Great pics of the new addition! It sounds like it was a blessed event for the whole family!

So sorry to hear about your flair up. It seems you can't catch a break with these health issues. I'm sure you are fed up with the constant poking and prodding. I hope the problems can be sorted and that you get in a better course soon!

Please keep us posted and do take care,

Dawn
 
Mimi, this is just horrible!:blackcloud:This dang black cloud won't leave you be!:sad: I'm so sorry you have to go through yet another flare-up! You are one of the strongest people I know, but you certainly are being tried to the limits that's for sure. I hope this turn around sooner rather than later my friend!:prayer:
 
I spent the last 4 days back in the hospital. Many more tests. This is more than a flair it is a full body assault by this nasty Lupus. Unfortunately I live in a small coastal town with a small hospital that knows nothing about lupus. So what they found is that my lupus meds have stopped my bone marrow from producing red blood cells.And the few that are produced are killed of prematurely by the lupus. Then they thought that I had pneumonia. However the xrays were not normal and my blood work and 2 sets of blood cultures showed NOTHING!! My vasculitis presents itself by exploding capalaries. Well the lungs are full of tiny capalaries I think are called aveoli and that is why the xray doesn't look like pneumonia. No cough, no chest sounds at all. Go figure. Then a cat scan revealed that 2 lymph nodes over my liver are enlarged.They feel that since the lupus causes so much inflamation that is what is happening with my liver. I still need biopsies and a multilevel approach to the lupus and all the problems it has created. This week I will seethe hematologist/oncologist (who is the only Dr. I trust ). He wants to get me to the liver center at Johns Hopkins since they have an interdisciplinary approach and they have a Lupus specialty.
 
Oh, Mimi, what a nightmare, I am sending prayers your way.
Hope you get to Johns Hopkins ASAP! And find some answers to your Lupis.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom