THR Recovery

Have fun! You may want to try to sit on end of row so that you can swing legs into aisle and get up and walk some every once in awhile without trying to inch down the row. Taking your walker (or at least cane) with you is a great negotiating tactic. I went to a sold out BB game the day after arthroscopic knee surgery many years ago. Miraculously, no one ever came to claim the seat in front of me that I had my leg draped over. I guess they decided I needed the seat more than they did!:heehee:
 
Checking in to say Hi and see how you're progressing.
Hopefully all is going okay for you....your pain is well managed and you're sleeping comfortably.
Shoot us an update if you're able. We'd love to hear how you're doing.
I hope your weekend is great!
@WAHOOWA
 
Yeah....what she said above :heehee:

Hope you're having a good week.
We'd love to hear how it's going for you. Post an update if you have time.
Warm wishes as you continue recovery!
@WAHOOWA
 
Thank you all for being here and checking up on me! Rehab has gone fairly well! Going to pt twice a week! Feels good when I leave but am pretty sore that night! I am experiencing pain in the knee on the side That was just replaced! Knee is swollen and hurts more than hip actually?? I have made an appointment with os to look or x-ray knee on Friday!So Sorry I haven't posted in a while!I will keep you posted on my knee!! Thanks to all!
 
Good luck with knee @WAHOOWA. I’ve got some of that pain on outer side. Pa thinks it band and everything getting settled. It isn’t constant. Best to get it double checked.
 
Hi @WAHOOWA
Good luck with the knee x-ray on Friday. It seems many suffer knee issues as a result of surgery.
Swelling, bruising, stiffness are not uncommon. Always wise to get it checked out.
Try icing until your appt if you haven't already.
Hope you have a great week! Stay in touch.
.
 
Os said x-rays showed arthritis in knee! Gave me a shot in left knee! Hope it does the trick!! Thanks to all bs!
 
Hope the injection helps @WAHOOWA
I have some arthritis in my knee too.
This getting old biz sure isn't for sissies, is it?
But....we'll soldier on :heehee:
Hope your weekend is great!
 
I have returned to work after 13 weeks off! Just finishing my second full week back.This thr was easier than the first! I believe not letting the hip get in as bad shape as the first one and knowing what to expect both helped!! Thanks to all of you on bonesmart!! Good luck to you all!!
 
@WAHOOWA
Thanks for letting us know you are doing well and back to life.
:yahoo:
 
What a nice update @WAHOOWA
Thanks for letting us know how you're doing.
Congrats on completing two weeks back at work!
Wishing you the best as your body continues to heal.
 
Im 6 months since my second thr anterior! Im experiencing thigh feeling like it's giving out while walking? Didn't have this with right hip?? Any one experience this?
 
Hi there,
I'm sorry your experiencing the thigh weakness.
Wondering how long it's been going on and if you made contact with the office of your OS?
You may want to phone them tomorrow and let them ask you some questions to determine if your issue warrants a visit with the OS. Any extra or unusual activity lately?
@WAHOOWA
 
Hello @WAHOOWA
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. Please don't start new threads.

For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
Don't worry that we won't see your question because, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on. Please will you do that?
 
Yes now that I think about it I worked on my son's truck Friday and crawled under it multiple times! I hadn't even thought about it! Probably exactly what the problem is! IlI' give it a couple days before I call or! Thank you! Love this site!!
 
Let us know if it eases after a few days.
Hope it does. Wishing you comfort!
@WAHOOWA
 
Pain and weakness have greatly improved! Trying to save some money and do the work myself, not really sure it's worth it anymore! Doing much better, Thank you all!!
 
Glad you are doing better..
Still possible to overdo...I have and when it comes to heavy things or having to be in awkward position for long, it's really easily done.
No, not worth it.
Just say it's not because I can't, I just don't want to.
(I've used that before as a kid, and it works):)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom