THR Recovery

Way too early to be cutting down on your meds. When you start forgetting doses it's a sign your body is weaning off. This is usually the midday dose. For now take those meds as prescribed, around the clock.
 
Well @WAHOOWA At least you're a fast learner.
I'm sorry you had to suffer pain to realize it's not time to skip doses yet.
Thankfully you had some good sleep afterward. :yes!:

Hoping PT is not too tough on you. Enjoy your evening!
 
I’m with you @WAHOOWA. Tried skipping dose last night. Not there yet.
 
The meds will give you down time without so much stress, and also help keep you mobile.
Not a competition, please take it easy. Lot of trauma to tamp down.
Hope tonight is restful
 
Thanks everyone! Always scared I'm going to run out of meds and trying to conserve! Not time to worry about later ,need them now!! Nurse came today an said hip looks good except for some swelling n leg and knee! PT tomorrow and she's supposed to remove bandage!! Feeling pretty good! Time for night dose and some sleep!!
 
@WAHOOWA

It’s been my experience that OS is pretty generous with meds. I’m sure you can call before running out. Worst they can say is no.
 
In Ohio doc can only write script 7 days at a time and they can’t phone narcotics in. Double checked process for my os office today. Have to call office on day he is in office(Tuesday and Thursday), request script and since I’m not driving, give name of who I am sending to pick up script. They show id, then off to pharmacy.

So, it’s not the doc that is necessarily a problem, it’s the current process. This is all new since my previous hip in 2016. Might want to make sure you don’t have any extra hoops.
 
It's a whole new deal to get pain meds nowadays! I understand why but it's just something else to keep me awake n thinking about! I have plenty for now and I'm taking it all one day at a time!! Rest easy BS!!
 
Hi @WAHOOWA
Hope your recovery is still progressing.
Wondering how the week went for you?
Give us an update when you're able....we'd love to hear how you're doing.
Best wishes as you continue healing!
 
Thanks for all the thoughts and advice! Recovery going pretty good overall,as expected it's been ups and downs! Lots of recliner and elevating with ice! First ride since I got home didn't go well! My son was taking me to see my Dad on Friday and his truck made loud noise ? Only a couple miles from home but we decided to pull over and have truck towed! Very good call, mechanic said front wheel bearing locked up and wheel came off in shop parking lot!! That would not been good on my hip!!! I'm taking most days slow with a busy day in middle! So far it's better than first! Time will tell! Rest Easy!
 
Hopefully you didn't have to hike the couple miles back home! It's good to hear you are continuing to take it easy and hopefully the vehicle situation has resolved without too much headache. It's always a bummer to be without wheels.
 
Lol! I called a friend ,no walk home !Trucks in shop and he's driving mine! I haven't been released so that's not a problem! Just took my night time pain meds!
 
Thank God for cell phones!
 
Hi @WAHOOWA
Scary thought....wheel falling off! You lucked out on that one.
Sounds like you have it all under control. Keep up the good work.
Hope your Tuesday is great!
 
Quite an adventurous first ride @WAHOOWA. Glad mine was less eventful.

How do you think second recovery is compared to first? I find it somewhat easier, but since I know how much better it can feel, I try to push it a bit some days so I go back to basics. Two weeks is a short time, but also seems so long.
 
Hoping to schedule #2 when I see the MD next week. I’ll be following your recovery; all the best!
 
@MammaT I also feel the second one is a little easier! I believe knowing what to expect and the easiest way to get in and out of bed ,truck,chair etc. Helps alot! I'm being adventurous today! Wife is driving me to college baseball game! I have season tickets and it's going to be 75 degrees today! Not sure I can make whole game but we going!!!
 
Exciting stuff. Be careful on those bleachers!
 
Hope you are taking a cushion @WAHOOWA ! Early days to be so adventurous - although I do love a good BB game!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom