Guest viewing is limited

TKR Recovery the Clipless Way

Ugh...can't imagine having to deal with a migraine on top of the knee issues. But good to hear you are feeling better now.
Hope I can do as well in my recovery. Impressive bruise, I am expecting a real beaut too because I bruise easily.
Keep up the good work! :biking:
 
Here's my bruise compilation. Mine was worse this time, but after checking the pictures in the forum, mine was much less severe than many others!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Recovery the Clipless Way
    IMG_0237.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 286
@Denmother , thanks. Seeing your bruises makes me feel a little better (though I'm sorry it happened to you). Mine now extends down below the ankle bone, too. When I go out in shorts and sandals I turn heads, for sure.
 
That looks so so much better than the staples I have...I think I would handle that getting removed much easier.
 
That is so clever. Wonder whether there's any advantage over plain ol' surgical glue, which is what I had? Surgeon said no to shower first time, but a year later, changed kind of dressing so shower was OK before dressing came off.
 
That's a very clever idea. Am assuming it's only for the straight down the middle type of incision? My surgeon followed my previous scar, which curves around the medial side of my knee, so I doubt I would've been a candidate for that.
 
Congrats on the new knee! Those zip ties are a great idea. The video was very interesting. My doctor used surgical glue and staples. When I go back for my 6 month checkup I'll aske him if he ever used them before. Let me know if it hurts to have them removed. It really stung when they removed my staples.
 
Back
Top Bottom