THR Recovery story

Week 6!!!! Yay!!!
Had my appointment with my surgeon and all restrictions are lifted !! I made it!!
PT told me some exercises to strengthen my legs but no PT officially is needed. Dr seemed a bit surprised. Not sure why but he looked like it. Told me everything looks good and to get back to normal life. I get an X-ray and next appointment in November.

They did pick apart the way I sit and stand … leg out knees not bent past 90 degrees. From my understanding that was what I was suppose to do for 6 weeks. Ugh. Anyway it’s going to take practice to sit and stand normally but I don’t mind ! Only good stuff ahead.
I’m walking good and got some walking poles for the trail to practice my walking and build strength. Honestly my muscles get tired quick so this will help.
 
Today I made it to the ODIC and it’s only 2pm. Walked 4.93 miles in 2 hrs and 12 min. By the end of summer it won’t take me as long but I think I’ll not walk so far at once :running:I got walking poles which is why I pushed myself. Nasty habit but I was so happy to be out on the trail.
 
Wow Lyla! Five miles on trails! I’m jealous! Lol. Today, for the first time I walked a whole mile which included 2 short hills. I was thrilled. Then this evening I walked my little dog about 3/4 a mile.

I get into pain, or rather deep tenderness, if I go further. At my 6 weeks checkup, which was closer to 7 weeks, I was asked to try stopping the prescription meloxicam, so I did. So walking is no longer completely pain free. I’m going to keep my distances down until pain free.

I can’t wait to get back on my trails again!
 
Well done Lyla! It sounds like you are way ahead of me. I have my six week appointment tomorrow at almost seven weeks post op and although I am quite happy with progress overall I am still experiencing some swelling and discomfort if walking more than a mile or so. Think my experience is closer to Zoebichon and I also can't wait to walk with pleasure!

Enjoy your new freedoms:):)
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary, Lyla!
How are you doing? We haven’t heard from you in a few weeks. I hope all is well and you’re enjoying the Summer!
@Lyla
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom