Guest viewing is limited

TKR Recovery #2

@beachy ! So glad you’re back! Great news about your husband. Stop being a klutz lol. Glad you’ve healed from that. Sorry about your shoulder. I just had rotator cuff work little over a week ago but that’s nothing like a replacement.
Marie
 
It's good to hear from you, Beachy! That's good news about hubby. :egypdance: Sure hope he doesn't have to have that next set of infusions.

Sorry about your fall, I did something similar last month on a trip to the UK. Tripped and came down hard on my left knee (the most recent replacement) but all was fine after the bruise healed.

Sorry about your shoulder needing replacement.
 
Awww, you guys!!!
So nice to hear from all of you!

My knee was rather sore, swollen and the tight band before and after the fall. For some reason its great now! No swelling, very strong, no tightness. Go figure. Maybe the fall helped LOL.
The cortisone shot has helped some with the shoulder.

How is everyone? Send updates please!

Hubs will more than likely need 12 more infusion treatments. But, we've got this. Rather, God's got this.

Off to read the newbies post op posts. So glad I'm not them.
 
@InkedMarie :wave:
Wow! I see you've been busy with "repairs". I've heard rotator cuff surgery is a tough recovery. How are you feeling now?
Actually, the left shoulder replacement was an easy recovery. Minimal pain.
Timing sucks since I'm " the caretaker", but we'll figure it out.

I flunked out of charm school when it came to being graceful. Once a klutz.....
 
@beachy Thanks for asking- doing pretty well at 9 months. Did a 5 mile country walk yesterday which involved climbing several stiles and skirting cows in muddy and uneven fields! Managed well and no ill effects. Am going to do a 9 month post on my thread but been fairly busy.
Still frightened of falling and had knee covered- definitely didn't want knee grazed in some muddy fall.....
Good luck with your caring role- it's really one thing after another at our age isn't it?
We are going to have to do more childcare next term as my daughter is doing a post- grad course. Will have to be even fitter to keep up with a 2 year old, even if it is only 1 and 1/2 days/ week.
Feel for you having more surgery. I really dread it. My surgeon reckons it is my right hip that will need it next but strangely it is the other hip and lower back ( although thankfully not sciatica) that bother me currently. As I believe you say in the US- Go figure!
 
@InkedMarie :wave:
Wow! I see you've been busy with "repairs". I've heard rotator cuff surgery is a tough recovery. How are you feeling now?
Actually, the left shoulder replacement was an easy recovery. Minimal pain.
Timing sucks since I'm " the caretaker", but we'll figure it out.

I flunked out of charm school when it came to being graceful. Once a klutz.....
Re my rotator cuff work: I had it easy, no big padded sling, no sling after the block wore off. No pain, just achiness. Much like my knee replacements!

Marie
 
@EalingGran
Good to hear you're doing well at 9 months! And you're so active! I need to get my lazy self moving more.
Shhhh....no talk of hips. Hope you don't need a new one.
Have fun with your grandchild and congrats on grad school for your daughter!
 
Hey Bonesmarties!
8/11 was the 7 month anniversary of Pia. If you don't remember that is left knee's name. Pain In A--. Time to rename her. She's no longer a pain.
She's still bit puffy in places and the numb spot is still there. All in all she is strong, sturdy and relatively pain free.
Kneeling is getting easier. I need something very padded and have to make it quick. Its uncomfortable, but not impossible.

If any newbies stumble upon my thread, hang in there. All recoveries depend on the damage to your knee prior to tkr, skill of surgeon, and gentle PT. But, tkr ain't for sissies LOL.
 
Happy Seven Months to Righty, aka PIA!
Glad to read you’re doing so well.

I’m still watching the adventures of Nicki and Carlo. I think of you with each new episode. I love it! Thanks again for the tip.
@beachy
 
Hi @Layla :wave:
Pia thanks you for the anniversary wishes!
Glad to hear you're still enjoying Nicki Positano. I downloaded her book on Kindle. Its ok.
Give it a try, you might like it more than I did!
 
Happy 7 month anniversary to you and your Pretty Incredible and Awesome knee, beachy!! So glad to hear you are doing so well, and I’m sure it’s just gonna keep getting better and better ❤️
 
Happy 7 month anniversary to the joint formerly known as Pia! :flwrysmile:May she continue to not live up to her former name! :heehee:
 
That's awesome! :loveshwr:

Yep, hosting Thanksgiving last year (15 months post-op) and all that prep, on my feet for hours, it wasn't the knees complaining, it was my back afterward. I even pulled a muscle that bugged me for weeks!

Accident-prone me fell again last week. Tripped over a 4-5 inch lip below a gate on a low fence. Went right down on my knees again but on astroturf. That wasn't the problem, the knees are fine. It's the now rainbow colored bruises on my shins just above my ankles. :groan:Ack! I need to come with a warning label!
 
Today I realized that I was on my feet over 4 hrs and the knee didn't ache or swell!
My back is a different story.
Great report- sorry about your back. I have similar issues. Have you tried a sauna?
I have found the heat that seems to help my back for a day or so afterwards.
The other thing that works for me is regular back exercises/ pilates- now that I can kneel for cat stretches.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom