Guest viewing is limited

THR Recovering in Atlanta

:hi:Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope all continues to go well with you.
Have a wonderful week!
@AllieBucks
 
Oh thank you Layla! I appreciate that!
Things started getting so much better at 7 weeks…fog/sadness lifted, energy back, surgical pain going away and no more hip pain! Still a long way to go with getting my muscles back and gaining confidence that I’m not going to hurt the implant but def can see the rainbow now. ❤️
 
Oh thank you Layla! I appreciate that!
Things started getting so much better at 7 weeks…fog/sadness lifted, energy back, surgical pain going away and no more hip pain! Still a long way to go with getting my muscles back and gaining confidence that I’m not going to hurt the implant but def can see the rainbow now. ❤️

I’ve been thinking about you Allie and wondering how you’re doing. Sending many many get-well vibes your way!
 
I’m at 11 weeks for my right THR and I feel confident that I can do most stretches now without hurting the implant. My Piriformis is tight as well as my Adductor (inner thigh) muscles. The adductors almost feel shortened, What can I do to elongate these muscles and make them strong again please without twisting in a way that might compromise the implant. I don’t want to go to PT- I prefer to work on this at home. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!
 
Hi AllieBucks,
I am tagging @Pumpkin because she may have good advice for you in this regard.

Please notice that I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. Having your recovery information contained in one place will make it easier for you to reflect back on. It is also helpful for those stopping by to be able to review your history before advising or commenting.
Please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.

I hope you have a nice week and find some exercises that help with your issue. Stay in touch and let us know how you're doing. :SUNsmile:
@AllieBucks
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary, Allie!
I hope you have a wonderful week and month of March. :SUNsmile:
@AllieBucks
 
Thank you Layla!!
I feel like a new woman!
So happy for the hip pain to be gone. I even find myself "running" around the house.
The difference from 6 weeks to 13 weeks is remarkable! Excited for more muscle strength and endurance in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks again and Happy Spring,
Allie
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary Allie!
I hope strength and stamina continues to build for you.
Wishing you a great Easter weekend!
@AllieBucks
 
Hi, @AllieBucks -

Stopping by your thread to ask about your experience returning to a job that involves a lot of kneeling/getting up and down/squatting, etc. While I don't have a job that requires this, I have a volunteer position that I dearly miss (wildlife rescue) and would really appreciate your sharing your tips/progress on getting back to all things up/down.

I'm just over 10 weeks out from my THR and am feeling quite good, but I'm nowhere near confident enough to try getting up from the ground without holding on to something. In my volunteer position, I may need to regularly get down on the ground to help with an animal and then back up while carrying said animal that may be quite "spicy" and/or heavy.

I am planning to ask my PT to work on this, but how did you get back to your job? Did you practice? Did it feel uncomfortable at first and get easier? Was it scary? Did you just find you could do it one day? I think you said in another post it was about four months before you really felt you could go back. I initially told my volunteer group I'd consider coming back at 12 weeks (May), but now I'm thinking four months (June) just to be on the ultra conservative side.

Any experience to share would be much appreciated! Thank you! :flwrysmile:
 
Good morning @thepuckhead !
Today for me marks 18 weeks and 3 days (got some help from google:). So about 4.5 months.
I wasn't ready to go back to work until about two weeks ago and I don't have my first photoshoot until April 28th. What marked the difference two weeks ago was that moving around quickly didn't scare me anymore and I now feel like I have the energy to do the job. Until then, I still had too many pains and my muscles were trashed from the surgery. I've been walking twice every day to get my quads and glutes activated again. I haven't really been practicing but that's not a bad idea. I will do my shoot with a small stool but I will be getting up and out of that day all day. My thought is that I will have to be more mindful about how I jump out of the chair. Crossing fingers it all goes well! One thing I don't think I could do yet is rise up out of squat holding an animal or baby (handsfree). I would be more comfortable getting up first and then reaching down for the animal. That might tweak some people's back though. The reason I don't think I could do that though is not because the hip would hurt, but it's that my quads are probably too weak to do that. If you are stronger than me than you might be ok! I hope this helps. I'll report back after my shoot. Have a great day!
 
Thanks so much, @AllieBucks - really helpful thoughts. The markers you set for yourself (moving quickly without anxiety and energy level) make a lot of sense and, like you, I'm less worried about my hip than I am about whether my quad and other leg muscles are recovered enough for movements that require a lot of strength. I've let my shift lead know that I plan to come back in June and by then I'm sure I will have figured out alternatives to lifting if I can't quite do it the "normal" way.

Thanks again for your reply - very much appreciated! :thumb:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom