Guest viewing is limited

THR Reclaiming my Future after THR

@proffrench my comment was about male OS - who are notorious for only understanding
bones and joints. :heehee:
 
@Jumeirah
That makes sense about biting the inside of your cheek, etc. I'm sorry you're suffering from diverticulitis! I'm still taking medicine for gastritis and worrying about all this just makes it worse. I think you live in Germany? My father's parents came to the US from Germany in 1930. My opa was from Köln and my oma from a little village (Stein am Kocher) in Baden Württemberg. I have lots of family still there and we visit them frequently. @mendogal, I had to laugh at your comment about male obgyns! Luckily for me, mine is a female and she's wonderful.
Thank you so much. I’m sorry for hat you had or still have Gastritis. It’s just those things that we don’t need right now. :console2: I think many of us are getting stomach problems or other problems , because of all the medication we are taking for month. I knew that ibuprofen is critical to take when I sometimes get diverticulitis, but I thought it would be good for my swelling and it really was, BUT I became Diverticulitis… :tantrum: Now I’m worried that my diverticulitis could infect my replacement, though I never heard I could.. I took antibiotics the first day, so there is nothing else I can do..

Yes I live in Germany, in Hamburg, because of my husband’s job, but I’m born and raised in Copenhagen, Denmark. How funny that you have family in Germany . The world is small.. I know the cities you are mentioning. To be honest , I would love to go back to Copenhagen, but my kids are living near by me hier near Hamburg and I have to grandchildren, so we decided to stay in Germany . Have a great evening.
 
Its been awhile since I posted! Things have been going well (although the other hip is now hurting), but I now have that tender spot in my glute on the operated side when I sit too long and the hip joint area is starting to feel tight and achy when I bend down to pick something up off the floor? Like I overstretched it? Being the hypochondriac that I am, my mind goes first to infection and then I panic. I had my teeth cleaned at 6 months post op and did not take antibiotics (I had C Diff 2.5 yrs ago and don't take antibiotics unless I absolutely have to.) What else can be causing discomfort in my glute when I sit and mild pain in the hip joint when I bend down? Otherwise it feels great!
 
Hello and welcome back! It's been a couple of months.
I know you realize that recovery takes a full year and you're only seven months in. Some discomfort or pain is normal after THR, your body is still healing and it can take time for muscles, nerves and tissues to adjust. Possibly it is the result of activity you engaged in and aren't realizing. It is normal to have discomfort as you increase your activity level. It's difficult to know why you're experiencing the discomfort because we don't know what you're doing from day to day as far as activity, exercise, PT. My best advice is to rest, ice and take OTC meds, temporarily, as needed. If the pain escalates in frequency or intensity its okay to seek reassurance from your OS if it will give you peace of mind.
I hope it eases soon.
@proffrench
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom