THR Recently Had LTHR w/Anterior Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am two weeks today, anterior also, and your recovery sounds exactly like mine. All of a sudden, day 12 was miraculous: I could walk with a cane, a lot....yesterday, did lots of household chores, and walked a lot again. It's such a blessing to turn that corner! I am happy for you that you are feeling so much better. It really tests our patience, doesn't it? Keep up the great success, and as my husband scolded me- DON'T OVER DO IT just because you feel so much better! I'll try to remember that also....maybe...LOL! Have a terrific day!
 
Another success story for the BoneSmart mantras! Well done @lambo ! Keep up the good work!
 
@45goingon90

Glad to hear you are doing well also. Yeah it's hard mentally to not want to be more active right away but we definitely don't want to get ahead of ourselves and find that we are right back into pain. My plan is to continuing to take it easy while progressing moderately and icing in the interim.

I can't say that I have done any household chores yet but I did get my first task from the wife today too clean some chicken breasts before she gets home so that she can make it for dinner. So things are still looking up!

@Jaycey

Mantras are gold!
 
@lambo, May I also add that we only get one chance at recovery; I took mine (and still do) very slowly. Reading other people's threads and how they tried to do too much at once caused them heartache with problems they did not have to have if they only practiced the tips found on this site. Truly, like THR, this site has been such a tremendous blessing to me! :thankyou: Jo, Jacey, Poppet, and Others who give of themselves each day.
 
It is so strange this 12 to 14 day recovery time scale, where the pain us horrendous in the thigh and then it just seems to ease, it is so easy to be so excited that a milestone has been achieved and we want to be hyper active with the relief and excitement. ... but as we know, don't do it and don't let the sticks go until you are ready.

I am now week 10.5 and I have got to the next milestone in my eyes/head. I am having pain free times in fact I am pain free until I sit for too long in an office chair or sleep on my side. I am hoping that eases soon.

I am pretty sure it's from the deep tissue massage that I have now had 2 sessions of, Plus acupuncture. The 2nd lot of massage was fairly eye watering, I had a fair bit of aching during the night and the next day. But today all is fine and I feel NORMAL .

so @lambo and @AndyH99 and @45goingon90 and other newish hippies out there. Once day 12 to 14 is out the way still take things easy, no over the top PT, know those aches and throbs in the thigh are the muscles etc and it will go. As long as xrays are all normal that is. Try massage if things don't ease, but don't give up positive thoughts. ..although I did to be honest, this time last week I did not ever think I would typing I have no pain, at least 90% of the time and now walk I can the dog with no pain or ache, amazing!! Oh the dog likes the walks too...
 
@lambo
I'm hoping that no news means good news for you?! Just checking in to see how you're doing. Hopefully you are doing terrific. Keep the healing...prayers your way.
 
@Suzette , @Poppet , @45goingon90

My apologies on the late response. Hip is doing good. Walking up and down the stairs fine. I am using a cane and it seems to be an accepted adjustment.

I hadn't responded earlier due to my being sick. I started coming down with something Saturday evening and it progressively got worse. Head/chest cold. I was/am worried about it being an infection of some sort but my doctor doesn't think so based on my symptoms. I am still super worried as I want to take care of my hip.

Any advice?
 
Sounds like your resistance is down from the surgery and you got a bug. Please don't worry about an infection. Head/chest cold won't have any impact on your implant. Lots of fluids and rest. Healthy eating.
 
@Jaycey

Thanks for the positive reassuring comments. I am definitely down for the count and will be resting mucho.

I hope everyone is doing well!
 
Oh get well soon. Having a cold etc is bad enough with out trying to recover from the hop op
 
I agree with @Jaycey -- it is difficult not to worry though. Boost your Vitamin C and Zinc foods and make sure you are drinking adequate fluids to flush any toxins out of your system. Keep an eye on your temperature. Browse through the nutritional articles I provided -- lots of suggested foods for you to choose-- best wishes, you will be fine. :)
 
@lambo Hope you get better soon, last thing you need is a damned cold on top of recovery. Good luck on shaking it off.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@AndyH99

I appreciate the encouragement. Today seems to be a bit better than the last two, with respect to the cold. Today my bandage came off completely. I wasn't ready for the sight and the way it feels. It's sad that we have to have this huge scar; As if the preexisting circumstance wasn't enough. We now get a daily reminder. Oh well. Moving on is looking up.
 
@lambo That scar is your badge of honor! I look at mine and think about the horrible, never ending, life altering pain, and that it is GONE. That scar is where it exited and where my quality of life re-entered. It's a good thing! Glad your cold is getting better - hate the head cold.
 
@lambo with my scars I now have ears for my happy bunny. To explain, I had a supra umbilical hernia that left me with an upside down smile. If my belly button is the nose and my appendix & kidney stone scars are the eyes, then if I do a hand stand I now have happy bunny ears made out of my anterior hip scars. I'm proud of coming through all of them & Nietzsche was at least right about a few things. Carry the badges and be aware how they give your life a reset point and a fresh lease.

Good luck and have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@lambo, Just read through your thread. I hope your cold is better. You've inspired me to ice and elevate more often! Take care of yourself and let us know how you're doing...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom